Party Music Help

gamehead200

Hey guys,

I'm having a party next week in my backyard and was wondering what would be best for playing my music:

1. Put all my music on one of my laptops and play the music via my extremely powerful speakers.

OR

2. Leave all my music on my desktop and use my wireless network to stream the music to the laptop and play it via my extremely powerful speakers.

Tell me what you think is best please! :)

If you've got a 802.11g wireless network, then go for the second option. You'll have plenty of bandwidth to handle the music. 802.11b will do the trick, but if there's any other traffic on the network you may get problems.

So... in short:

802.11b - Option 1

802.11g - Option 2

Cheers!

http://reviews.cnet.com/Logitech_Z-640/450...7-20439326.html

Logitech Z-640. They may be cheap, but they sure have a lot of power in them! I usually keep the volume level at 1/4 past, but they still give off a lot of power! :D And when I really have them on loud, my parents can hear them in the basement (two floors down) when they're watching TV! :P

To answer Zxian's suggestion, I highly doubt anyone would be using my wireless network while in the backyard. I have 2 wireless routers (one b and one g) and neither of them ever have major traffic going through them... ;)

Well, if you get decent reception in your backyard, then go for it. It's the easier way of doing things, and you don't have to worry about copying files n such... you can just use the sharing part of iTunes (I forget what it's called) on your Mac.

My dad took my good camera to work with him yesterday ( :wacko: ), so I don't have many very good pictures... :(

Although, I did jump into my pool with my cellphone in my pocket! :P Its in the process of drying up! :P