Service Pack Conflict with Quickbooks

Okay, I installed the latest service pack for windows 98 second edition. It works flawlessly until it comes to installing separate applications. I started with one my most basic which is Quickbooks and the installation seemed to go fine until the very end when it starts doing registry entries. There it stops and gives me the following error:

"Could not set InstallTimeStamp entrie/value..."

then setup says it is incomplete and will therefore not continue. What I have done to avoid this is uninstall the service pack and then install quickbooks, which in turn works fine. However, once I reinstall the service pack Quickbooks will not update because of some time error or other times it just will not start. Question is, is there something i can do to avoid this, update, manually change, or whatsoever. Or if anybody has fix can they help me out. Much appreciation for your help.

By the way I'm not a noob... just starting this account and i have already used the search button with no real answers.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so i guess i am on my own for now. I guess if anybody has any ideas or you all need for info i will be glad to give it... Or if this has been discussed even remotely anywhere else i'll be happy if you point me in the right direction.