WMP slipstreaming error message

i extracted WMP into winxp folder and burned into a CD. Unattended installation went smoothly without any error BUT i saw a message "you stopped system restore and you would like to continue install WMP10" or something like that.

i'm sure that when you install WMP10 on your computer , you will receive the same message which tells you about activating windows system restore before installing WMP10.

how can i make this message goes away during unattended installation.? any registry info.?

thank you

thanks for the information but your info mentioned about running wmp installer with switch

why do i need to do that when i slipstream it in winxp folder.? There must be another way to by pass this error message.

Perhaps, i need a reg info. if anybody knows, pls share. thanks again

do you have ANY clue what you're doing? because where I'm sitting, you made absolutely no sense.

Simply extracting the WMP setup executable into the XP folder will do absolutely nothing but update a few files and cause ALOT of errors down the road.

If you're executing the WMP executable, then SWITCHes are what you need.

Why would you ask in a thread about the slipstreamer, and not use it? Why didn't you search?

WMP or WMP10 would have brought up SOMETHING.

Topics Merged