Stop US Input Language - Australia

I am having major problems stopping the US Input Language from installing on my unattended install.

I think the problem is related to the fact that Australia uses a US keyboard layout so there is no point me specifying KeyboardLayout = US in the unattend file.

Here are my Regional Settings:

[RegionalSettings]

LanguageGroup = 1

SystemLocale = 0c09

UserLocale = 0c09

InputLocale = 0c09:00000409

UserLocale_DefaultUser = 0c09

InputLocale_DefaultUser = 0c09:00000409

Have any Aussies had any luck stopping this from installing? I have searched this forum and haven't seen any mention of Australians specificly having this problem so it is more than likely that i am doing something wrong.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I just allow the default US keyboard layout, to be set. This way, you do not have to specify any different. I would doubt, that you would notice any variation, between the 2 layouts.

To the best of my knowledge there is no way to prevent US English being installed as an Input Language. What you can do is remove US English registry setting:

Your WINNT.SIF file should contain the following Regional Settings:

;The [RegionalSettings] section contains entries for installing regional settings during Setup.
[RegionalSettings]
  ;Specify the language group (1=Western Europe and United States)
   LanguageGroup=1
  ;Specify the Language/Locale to install (0c09=English (Australian))
   Language=0c09

You should run the following registry patch from your CMDLINES.TXT file:

;Delkeyboard.reg
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\Preload]
"2"=-

Hi MHz

By default the US keyboard is used when Austrlain English is selected as an input language which is fine. But during an unattended install this causes both Australian English and American English to install.

It wouldn't bother me except that this causes the language bar to appear even though i have disabeld it with the following vb script:

Shell.RegDelete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\CTFMON.EXE"

RegPath = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\Preload\2"

Shell.RegWrite Regpath, "-", "REG_SZ"

When a user logs in for the first time the languge bar seems to be disabled but after starting a program like Word or MSN Messenger the Language Bar appears. The only button that it shows is the one for toggling between English (Australian) and English (United States).

Microsoft use SendKeys to change some settings in their Business Desktop Deployment. Perhaps that is the only reliable way to disable the Language Bar?

I use US keyboard settings and American English. It is the defaults. So no hassles with language bar etc. Everything still looks ok, without the hassles.

Daniel

Below is what I have and works fine for me

[RegionalSettings]
Language = 0c09
LanguageGroup = 1

and a reg merge

; Remove Language Bar
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{540D8A8B-1C3F-4E32-8132-530F6A502090}]

Do not have Messenger installed so am not sure of the results if enabled/installed.

Cheers

Raja