SP2 + .sif + F6 floppy = no go?

Hi,

I have created a XP + SP2 + .sif CD that works perfectly fine (most of the time) using the guide and forums available here. Thanks!

However, when I wanted to use that CD (which did its job perfectly so far) on my own system, I was kind of stumped.

My system uses SATA drives in RAID 0, and since those drivers aren't integrated on the CD, I used a floppy (with the F6 method) to make the install see my drives. Here's what happens:

• PC boots from the CD
  • I press F6
  • I load up the drivers from the floppy
  • Install continues up until the partition-selection-part, which I specified in winnt.sif I'd do myself
  • I select a partition to install on, and a filesystem
  • setup formats the partition
  • setup wants to copy the files from the floppy to the hard disk. problem, it says it can't find the files on the floppy and that while it read them without error not 5 minutes ago! :blink:

I don't think there's an error in the winnt.sif, since it worked fine on (a lot of) computers with regular hard drives.

I also think the slipstreaming of SP2 went correct, as, when I remove the winnt.sif entirely, install succeeds completely.

I can post the winnt.sif here if anyone wants it, but, as stated, I really don't think the problem lies there.

I tried with 4 different floppies, each time the first read of the files went perfect, the second time it says it couldn't find them.

Some extra info: the controller is the Intel 81802ER (the one on the Intel 875P chipset). The drives are in raid 0. There's nothing wrong with the drives, the controller or the array.

Correct, this is a known problem with using a unnattend (.sif file) install type.. I see several threads going on to find a way to use drivers from cd without winnt.sif and $OEM$ folders.. One the need for winnt.sif is gone the floppy problem will be no concern eaither.. I am corrently trying to do everything I can to not use winnt.sif.. But integrating drivers without it are much more of a pain then with the oem setup.

I would either update your cd with the new drivers you have on the floppy, or make 2 cds, one with unattend and one without.. You can get soem of the things you do with winn.sif and OEM setup type by using RUNONCE registry entries and such. I personally prefer these other methods over using winnt.sif. Anyway.. ramble ramble ramble... :wacko:

What I do is set oempreinstall=NO in winnt.sif. Then F6 works, but I

had to change runonceex to install programs from the CD. Still haven't

found a way to install drivers from CD though.

I have the same problem of yours...

but I just integrate the SATA drivers to Windows XP Installation CD..

and then no problem....

I think thats the best solution. But I'm running 64bit XP and can't

get Nvidia Raid to integrate correctly. Also is I wanted to use the

CD on someone elses computer it may be nice if F6 worked.