Where To Get Some Good But Cheap Cable?

techguy21801

You buy the r45 ends seperately, you will need a crimping tool to fix them on too.

the cable is quite cheap when you buy a lot, http://www.maplin.co.uk sell it.

they also sell r45 ends too, and the wall sockets too i think.

i plan to plaster Cat5 into the house walls and have sockets in some of the rooms so theres not cable trailing all over the place, and the computers can be moved to any room and just need to plug into the wall sockets to get on the network.

FthrJack...

I get all my stuff from here, socket fronts, cable, all the bits prices are good also.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/index.html

I cabled my house out about 6 months ago then i went and bought this laptop and a wirless router so all cableing was a waist of time in the end, I can go anywere in the house and garden and get a good signal and work wireless.....

The crimping tool are usually about £10 for an average one.

@BAH yeah but wireless is slow and expensive, i wouldnt want to play online games via a wireless machine.. though it should play fine with 10mbps id rather be hard wired.

Maplin also have USA stores check it out, go to the link then look for "maplin stores" or similar link. failing that try radio shack.. similar kind of thing. i SO wish we still had radio shack in the UK

:)

it is a 1000 ft of cable, and the original price was $42 but it was $19 to ship from cali. to the mid-atlantic. i don't know how much they would charge for overseas. but you couls always ask them.. they said it was meant for a gigabit network but it will work fine for a regular network. it would be really nice if that was sheilded instead of UTP but i'm not complaining there would be no way to get that cable at that price.

1000ft cable kit

Been trying to find a supplier for Genica products in the UK and i cant :rolleyes:

it wieghs in at 25lbs man.. it will cost a lot to ship that!

if you can find their website that would be great, it doesent look like they have a European distributor :phone :)