Time Zone Issues?

i did add this reg too but the same pro. so i removed KB942763, KB951072 from integration since we dont need dst here. by the way KB951072-v2 is released and hope that has the fix.

but not yet tested.

Althoght the time zone fixes have been greatly advertised as fixes for Daylight Saving Time, the fixes change information for more than the zones that use Daylight Saving Time. The fixes are general OS time zone fixes.

KB951072-v2 gives the same problem.

A fix is to fix the intended problem and not to generate another one.

as it became a culture to release fix, and then fix to the fix, and fix to fix the new fix which now carries a version number.

The problem for the user is he is continuously under fix irrelevant of the kind of problem.

KB951072-v2 gives the same problem.

A fix is to fix the intended problem and not to generate another one.

as it became a culture to release fix, and then fix to the fix, and fix to fix the new fix which now carries a version number.

The problem for the user is he is continuously under fix irrelevant of the kind of problem.

I remember trying earlier versions of Microsoft's DST fix for Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 4 and and Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1; they did not work correctly. The solution seemed to be (and may still seem to be) to use AXCEL216's Unofficial DST fix.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone know how i can get eastern standard time working on my image??

everytime i install it it takes kabul (+4:30) time I am at Eastern Standard Time (-5:00) and my winnt.sif file looks like this

;SetupMgrTag
[Data]
AutoPartition=1
MsDosInitiated="0"
UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[Unattended]
UnattendMode=FullUnattended
OemSkipEula=Yes
OemPreinstall=No
TargetPath=\WINDOWS

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword=*
EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
OEMSkipRegional=1
TimeZone=35
OemSkipWelcome=1

[UserData]
ProductKey=
FullName="Generic"
OrgName="Generic"
ComputerName=Test

[Display]
BitsPerPel=32
Xresolution=800
YResolution=600
Vrefresh=60

[TapiLocation]
CountryCode=107
AreaCode=514

[Identification]
JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

thats right but why bother abt something which u dont need and only becoz winupdate provides it.

u already have unattended windows which is your prime target and this winupdate would show hotfixes time to time so clean page there is only shortliving so dont bother about seeing a clean page in winupdate or not after unattended installation.

Even if automatic updates is on after installation, it would not be a problem if they get installed. The issue is rised only during unattended mode.

• 3 weeks later...

I too have found problems with timezone settings in unattended XPSP3 with KB951072 integrated - when I set timezone=035 in unattended, after unatended install is complete the tiemzone shows as "Eastern Standard Time" - but the clock time is 3 hours off (showing Pacific Time). The following is my work around:

1) set timezone=pacific in unattended

2) from CMDLINES.TXT call a batch file called "RESETTIMEZONE.CMD"

RESETTIMEZONE.CMD contains the following:

--------------------------

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

RunDLL32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL timedate.cpl,,/Z Eastern Standard Time

EXIT

--------------------------

Works like a charm and M$ Update site doesn't bug you about not having KB951072 installed!