ATI Radeon 8500 Series

ATI Radeon X300 Series

NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra

NVidia GeForce 6800 GT

NVidia GeForce 6800

NVidia GeForce FX 5950 Series

NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Series

NVidia GeForce FX 5700 Series

this game is kickass just spend last 8 hours playing it only one this i don't like. I am left hand so i use a differnet keyboard setup. in 1942 and bfv it was simple to do but in bf2 it is some what a pain. Still a great game though.

Does it also work for Intel Centrino?

my specs:

Centrino 1.73ghz dothan 533  2MB

1024MB DDR2 RAM

Ati mobility X700  128MB

100GB HDD (5400rpm)

DVD (dual +R/-+RRW)

benchmark 2001se  around:  ~17500

=====================================

System Requirements

=====================================

- Operating System

Windows XP (32 Bit Version)

- CPU

Battlefield 2 supports the following processors:

Intel Pentium 4

Intel Xeon

Intel Pentium Extreme Edition

Intel Celeron D

AMD Athlon XP

AMD Athlon 64

AMD Athlon 64-FX

AMD Sempron processor

- Minimum Specification:

CPU: 1.7 Ghz

RAM: 512 Mb

Video Card: NVidia GeForce FX 5700, ATI Radeon 8500 or ATI Radeon 9500

with 128 Mb of RAM

- Recommended Specification:

CPU: 2.4 Ghz

RAM: 1 Gb

Video Card with at least 256 Mb of RAM

- Video Cards

Battlefield 2 only supports the following video cards:

Radeon X700 (PCIe)

Radeon X600 (PCIe)

GeForce 6600 (PCIe)

GeForce PCX 5900 (PCIe)

GeForce 5800 Series (AGP)

ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition

ATI Radeon X800 PRO

ATI Radeon 9800 Series

ATI Radeon 9600 Series

ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350LX)

ATI Radeon 9500 / 9700 Series

ATI Radeon 8500 Series

ATI Radeon X300 Series

NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra

NVidia GeForce 6800 GT

NVidia GeForce 6800

NVidia GeForce FX 5950 Series

NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Series

NVidia GeForce FX 5700 Series

you maybe able to play it with reduce settings

BugS BuGs bUGs

I have a ATi Radeon X800XT on a nForce4 chipset and I get some kind of keyboard lag. it takes about 2-8 second before a keypress is executed  :realmad:

Not to mention the highest resolution being only 1280x960

I've had this same problem. It's not in Battfield 2 though. It's in Rainbow Six. You press forward and it does nothing for like 4 seconds and then you start moving. I have no idea what is causing this or how to fix it!

ok, play on servers where your ping is not 150+ and avoid servers with people with 200+ pings in them or you will lag like crazy.

Also, for EVERYONE playing this, i suggest you go to graphics options and turn on at LEAST 2X AA or the game looks whack.

Also, dont play it on a silly high res dude, your system might be struggling with it and hence the lag, try lower. higher you go it only gets harder to aim at people anyway as they look smaller. i have the same GPU as yourself, running the game with all textures on high, lighting and shadows on medium, 1024X768 and 2XAA and it runs well.

my clan set our server up and i moded the server file so our server has no stupid 12 minute timer on it too :) the timer shows... but once it hits 0:00 the game carries on. much beter being able to play a proper round! :thumbup

of course.. Battlefield is a multiplayer game, its not something you would play offline against bots.

the big button that says MULTIPLAYER on it is a big clue Xperties :P

hence the clan server?

you left your brain in bed today? lol

Yeah uh and then it tells me I have to create a account, do that and it stays at "Creating an account..."

Is there a certain server info have to put in or shouldn't the server list refresh when you click on it.

BTW kick a** game.

I have a AMD 64 3200+ with 1,536 ddr 2700 ram, DFI MB with the Nforce 3 250GB chipset and a ATI 9200 128mb vid card.. Basically what I'm saying is that my system is plenty for the game but I don't think my video card is.. I'm having problems with the interaction between the mouse and the menu icons. I have actually had the game load into an active game but It crashed because of my video card after about a minute of gameplay. I know I need a new video card, pref. a Nvidia 6800 just to exceed the expectations. Is there any solution besides the obvious "get a new video card"..? Will a downgrade in the catalyst drivers work temporarily or what? I went on EA Games offcial website but I could find a solution about my problem.. Please someone with a valid comment please help, I really want to play this demo bad.. :(

-=Sub=-

Xperties, me and my guys hang out on our US server, we dont have our EU server yet. its running on its own box, no virtual host crap, hypernia sponsor our hosting for us :)

204.11.239.76 for game server

teamspeak 204.11.239.76:8767

Xfire - add fthrjack (if you try add me, and i dont know who you are, then ill reject it)

it can be laggy for me at time because of where it is, but when its not i can fly the choppers so well it will scare you. but.. when it starts lagging i end up failing maneuvers because of missed frame rates and stuff and end up clipping houses or hitting the water as i fly low + fast.

They are very different fromt he copters in BFV or DC, but once you get the hang of them they rock. i dont like the main weapons tho i thinkt he missiles need a bit more ummf to them as you can hit soldiers with them and not get a kill.. pretty lame sometimes.

you should ideally always have a gunner too... if they know how to and they right click and use the TV guided missile you become a pretty deadly team. couple of my buddies do it sometimes with me flying and they are **** good with it... i cant fly that guided missile for crap tho.

the jets... i hate them, its impossible to fly them with a joystick, just wont work - nobody i know can get it to work properly so you have to fly them by keyboard and i hate it so havent bothered.

commander mode i love doing, when you have a few squads on the server and they work with you, it rocks.

we unlocked some new weapons on our server, and i also removed the 12 minute timer too :) the timer runs.. hits 0, but the game carries on going. servers often full tho as a result. we did at one point unlock it to allow 64 players on but its too many people for a small map, the server handled it fine tho.

Creating Accounts

We have received some feedback that for some users the Create Account process seems to stall indefinitely on some systems. It is our experience that this can occur if some needed game ports are blocked. Before playing the Battlefield 2 Demo (or the retail game when it ships), please be sure that your firewall is allowing traffic through the following ports.

Server Ports:

UDP  27900

UDP/TCP  29900

TCP  80

TCP  4711

TCP  29901

UDP  1500-4999

UDP/TCP  1024-1124

UDP  28910

UDP  16567

UDP  55123-55125

Edited by FthrJACK