VMWare 5 Final AutoIT Script Issues

Using the AutoIT mentioned in the AutoIT Thread, I used it properly and it seemed to work on my normal PC. However, on my Test PC - there seems to be an extra options that comes up ONLY on that computer (or just not on my other one) Thus the AutoIT Script doesnt know what to do.

It says "Configure Product" and basically asks if you want to disable autorun or not. But it only comes up on my Test PC which I find odd. Can anyone help with this issue?

You could probably take care of this with the Adlib function. This was easily implemented under AutoIt v2.64, a little trickier with v3, but highly reliable in both cases. Adlib takes care of unforeseen events like the one you describe.

If you can provide the Title/Text for the rogue dialogue Window as well as the Title/Text of the Window dialogues that appear before and after the rogue dialogue, then a simple addition to the script should take care of it. Here's an example from a script I use to install the Oregon Trail:

AdlibEnable("killQuestion", 500)

WinWaitActive("Select Program Folder", "")
Send("!n")

Func killQuestion()
   If WinActive("Question") Then
       Send("!n")
   EndIf
EndFunc

WinWaitActive("Registration for Oregon Trail(R) 5", "FREE Download of Screen Shot Deluxe")
AdlibDisable()
ControlCommand("Registration for Oregon Trail(R) 5", "FREE Download of Screen Shot Deluxe", "Button4", "Check", "")
Send("!n")

After the directory selection dialogue appears a ridiculous dialogue with "Question" in the Window Title sometimes appears. Adlib is used to bypass the rogue and continue with the registration dialogue. Hope this makes sense.

Edited by blinkdt

Using the AutoIT mentioned in the AutoIT Thread, I used it properly and it seemed to work on my normal PC. However, on my Test PC - there seems to be an extra options that comes up ONLY on that computer (or just not on my other one)

Seems like you had VMWare previously installed on your pc, but the test pc did not. So this script was not created from a machine, with the config files removed?

Options:

Maybe as blinkdt has stated.

Or use AutoIt to fileInstall() the config files, then install VMWare. Can be done within the same script. Or perhaps the config, is in registry. That would be easier to apply.

Or repair the script, to include the config setup.

I do not use VMWare, so cannot correct the script for you.

Edit: Found BAtman75 script. Looks similar, so something has changed? Or same fault in both?

Edited by MHz

Or how about an old-fashioned silent install? From my WPI:

cmd1[pn]=['\"%cdrom%\\Programs\\VMware\\VMware Workstation.msi\" ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=Authd,Network DISABLE_AUTORUN=0 SERIALNUMBER=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx DESKTOP_SHORTCUT=0 /qn']

Granted, AutoIt is more versatile, but this works very well.