Is this Possible?

DJ Prem

I want to know I'm new to Xplode, can i have Xplode sitting on the HDD and simply running it once I have fully installed Windows all I want to do is install the hotfixes only nothing else is there a quick start guide?

Yes it's possible. ALL the instruction you will get is in the included PDF file.

XPlode is not just a tool for Windows Install. It's a general script like application that can be run from anywhere within windows, doing what you wish that is in the bounds of the application.

Starting XPlode, you could use a simple CMD file (one is included) and make sure it uses your XML file. You will have to make sure that everything that XPlode needs iswhere it's supposed to be (I'm assuming second harddrive or similar?)

OK... I'm not good at this I was wondering if someone can simply show me a example of what I'm trying to achieve?

In the Xplode folder there will be a folder called PATCHES which contains the hotfixes, I want to install the hotfixes one after the other and end the simply force the system to restart after 60seconds curently I do this via a Batch file?

thanks to anyone who can give me a big push

OK... I'm not good at this I was wondering if someone can simply show me a example of what I'm trying to achieve?

Any reason you can't read the documentation PDF and the included XML files? It's not that difficult you just sit down for 30 minutes and read.

<item display="Final Steps" image="#XPLODE#\images\office.gif"> 	 <execute display="Shutting Down" desc="Restarts the computer."
   <program>shutdown.exe</program>
   <arguments>-r -t 90 -c "Unattended Installation is restarting the computer." -f</arguments>
   <wait>false</wait>
 </execute>
 </item>

That's the lines you'll need to shutdown the computer in 90 seconds. Edit as you need. It's also good to show you what to do.