Where goes what?

Hi ouks (and gals)

I got a problem. Very shuffed with myself, (thinking i completed my unattended installation), but with no success. I renamed the txt file to WINNT.sif, copied it into I386 (and other 4 files as well) but nope.

With $oem$ copied in root everything, created iso and written to cd.

As soon as I enter the cd everything works fine up and till it goes to the next screen (where the GUI kick in) Time - 39m, and it gives me an internal error!

Can somebody please help me?

Where do all the files go?

Thanx

Paddman

ok, it goes past inspectin hardware thing, then it asks on what partition i want to install windows, (will automate later),then formats, then it copies the files, then reboots, then as soon as "preparing installation" screen comes up.

it says : internal data structures are corrupted (phase 0)

(o ja, it does not ask if you accept the licence agreement, and neither waits for 15secs to reboot - so it means something is working right?)

Any ideas?

thanx

well unattended,, dosnt wait for a license agreement thats all worked out throught the winnt.sif file,,

what is the os your working with in your unattended, ?

and have you added everything already to this disk like progs and so forth... ?

im guessing its slipstreamed with sp2 if your on xp

ive had many of curruption errors before when i first started out..

i suggest that you start off with a basic disk first before adding to it so you can test it,, if it works good then add alittle bit more and then keep testing.. use vmware its faster the vpc to test your iso's

,, heres a tip if your not really sure on your winnt.sif file and your fairly new,, try using nlite to slip stream and create a basic winnt.sif file,, it will also creat the iso for you to test or use..

once you do that then you can edit more to the winnt.sif and then go the oem folders..

these are only my suggestions they do make things easier and they help prevent or pinpoint what the problem really is.

so try to just start off with a slipstream and integration of all hotfixes with the winnt.sif file to test .. it may help out

im sure some one else might have some better advice for you,, but i hope mine helps you out some

@Paddaman Welcome. I burned through 100s of CD-Rs before I finally got smart and started using CD-RW media, been using the same 25 discs for over a year, great investment!

Also, please be aware that a step-by-step GUIDE exists, one of MSFN's best kept secrets. :P No joke, took me a few months before I stumbled across it.

@Paddaman Welcome. I burned through 100s of CD-Rs before I finally got smart and started using CD-RW media, been using the same 25 discs for over a year, great investment!

Also, please be aware that a step-by-step GUIDE exists, one of MSFN's best kept secrets.  :P  No joke, took me a few months before I stumbled across it.

BAH! We're trying to be more open about it, but if people aren't observant we can't do too much after that. :P

but if people aren't observant we can't do too much after that

Absolutely, it was entirely my fault (it's right next to the "Make a Donation" link, another one we mostly ignore). The day I clicked the link was a revelation: "Jeepers, the answers to all of my questions, right in front of my face! Imagine that!" :blushing: Idiota!

Edited by blinkdt