DCOM Event ID 1009 troubles

Have a problem that i've searched the net for for about a week now and still have no solutions.

the system : 2003 SBS

The problem : in event log......shows there is an error in source DCOM event ID 10009.........same thing pops up about every 45 sec.

Description

DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer <computername> using any of the configured protocols.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

If any one has a solution or a link to the solution please post Need to fix it ASAP.

Much Thanks :D

Edited by bladewraith

• 6 months later...

Have a problem that i've searched the net for for about a week now and still have no solutions.

the system : 2003 SBS

The problem : in event log......shows there is an error in source DCOM event ID 10009.........same thing pops up about every 45 sec.

Description

DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer <computername> using any of the configured protocols.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

If any one has a solution or a link to the solution please post Need to fix it ASAP.

Much Thanks biggrin.gif

i have that same problem. i wonder if there is a fix to this problem?

can anybudy help us both?

This is usually caused by either a network driver issue, or an issue with RPC on one of the two machines in the communication link.

Have the default security permissions been changed on DCOM at either end of the communication (check via dcomcnfg)?