bypass phoenix bios on a hp omnibook xe2

hybridspyda

i need the password to start windows up... so i'm guessing that would mean that i woudn't be able to update it if i cant get anywhere... :huh: ?? i've also taken it apart to try and find the inernal battery to remove it and reset the password that way... but i failed to locate where it was...

3 things you can try:

Removing the cmos battery and power cord. Look again It must be there, check you motherboard manual.

Or Finmd the jumper on the motherboard that clears the cmos, again your manuals will help here.

I've seen lists of suppossed backdoor passwords and password crack progs, but I've never tried these methods. The first 2 are much easier.

Google for:

killCMOS:

Great little utility to get rid of those forgotten passwords keeping the CMOS protected. Be sure read the documents in this file, as it resets all settings in the CMOS to defaults...

*Special Note: KillCMOS will be detected by most anti-virus software as containing a virus, since KillCMOS's primary function is exactly like a virus. Please note that the file is completely safe and Contains NO VIRUS!!!

CMOSpwd:

CmosPwd is a CMOS BIOS password recovery tool.

It works with the following BIOS types:

*ACER/IBM BIOS

*AMI BIOS

*AMI WinBIOS 2.5

*Award 4.5x

*Compaq (1992)

*Compaq (New version)

*Bios DELL version A08, 1993

*IBM (PS/2, Activa)

*Packard Bell

*Phoenix 1.00.09.AC0 (1994)

*Phoenix 1.04

*Phoenix 1.10 A03/Dell GXi

*Phoenix 4 release 6 (User)

*Toshiba

*Zenith AMI

Editors note: If you're new to this, download your latest BIOS so you can flash it in case of an error. You also want to find in your manual how to reset the CMOS. Typically, its as simple as moving a jumper from one position then back.

BIOS 1.35.1:

Author's note- If you want a newer version of my software look at:

www.geocities.com/mbockelkamp

BIOS allows you to save, delete, and restore your BIOS settings.

The program displays information about your BIOS, including BIOS extensions and beep codes; lets you find the BIOS passwords (Award and Ami); and discover the Award BIOS universal passwords.

In addition, you can:

*Switch the first and second level caches on or off, and turn off your PC (requires APM 1.2 or later).

*Display information about the BIOS, BIOS Extensions and BIOS beepcodes

*Find BIOS passwords for Award, Ami, Phoenix and AST BIOS

*Find BIOS universal passwords for Award BIOS

*Dump the whole BIOS segment to disk

*And more....

• 2 months later...