boot.img

Hy guys im new and i like the ideea of making that untd cd.Everything gone well until in the cdimage guy , where you must select the path for that boot.img, i dont have it, because when i click the"boot.img" link in the tutorial its get me an invalid adress.

So please where can i find that boot.img

sorry for my english, just from movies and pc

I take it you drop this file in your XPCD directory and it allows the Cd/Dvd to be bootable?

No...if using CDImage you have to browse to where the boot.img is stored and it burns the image into the CD/DVD making it bootable...merely dropping it into a root folder does nothing.

when i click the"boot.img" link in the tutorial its get me an invalid adress.

It's working here. All the boot.img is is the bootsector of the XP CD. You can also obtain it by using ISOBuster and extracting it from the CD.

I'm totally gutted, I have the same problem. No boot.img file but the link you gave won't let me download it saying I've been downloading extreme amounts. I've never even used this site before. They just want my money don't they?! :realmad:

If anyone has another link, I would really greatful, this is really holding me back and I only have a few days left to re-format and use my unttended DVD!

Thanks!

Alanoll, could you explain how to extract it from the XPCD please? I can't remember how to do it, plus I used a different program before.

**** CDImage and that website for not working for me, this has set me back like 5hours! :realmad:

Edited by InnocentCriminal

I'm totally gutted, I have the same problem. No boot.img file but the link you gave won't let me download it saying I've been downloading extreme amounts. I've never even used this site before. They just want my money don't they?!  :realmad:

If anyone has another link, I would really greatful, this is really holding me back and I only have a few days left to re-format and use my unttended DVD!

Thanks!

Alanoll, could you explain how to extract it from the XPCD please? I can't remember how to do it, plus I used a different program before.

**** CDImage and that website for not working for me, this has set me back like 5hours! :realmad:

where in the world are you trying to download from? the MSFN server has no bandwidth limitations in place (last i checked) and only have hotlink protection enabled (be sure to enable RefererIDs to be sent through any protection/download software you have).

flyakite.msfnhosting.org has a nice little page to extract teh boot sector.

• 1 month later...