Adobe Acrobat 7 Pro

@Gyzmo - You can also just enter the settings in the abcpy.ini file instead of using all those switches. It makes it much cleaner than your way. ;)

But alas... still no auto-activation.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally managed to integrate the 7.0.1 and 7.0.2 updates into the source. Looking back on it, it's not all that hard.. but **** did I spend way too much time in VMware screwing around. The integration isn't "perfect", meaning that the updates still show up as being not installed in the Adobe Update program. The splash screen, about screen, file versions, etc. are all up to date however.

Before posting a guide, I'm trying to see if activation can be made unattended. And I hate to say this, but I'm thinking not. I've isolated the file and the two registry entries made as a result of activation, but the thing is super sensitive. Upon install it always tells me that the configuration has changed and you must reactivate. This may just be unavoidable using legit methods.

I finally managed to integrate the 7.0.1 and 7.0.2 updates into the source.  Looking back on it, it's not all that hard..  but **** did I spend way too much time in VMware screwing around.  The integration isn't "perfect", meaning that the updates still show up as being not installed in the Adobe Update program.  The splash screen, about screen, file versions, etc. are all up to date however.

Before posting a guide, I'm trying to see if activation can be made unattended.  And I hate to say this, but I'm thinking not.  I've isolated the file and the two registry entries made as a result of activation, but the thing is super sensitive.  Upon install it always tells me that the configuration has changed and you must reactivate.  This may just be unavoidable using legit methods.

Lucky for you, they just released 7.0.3 update

All that time spent is not going to waste.

The .dat file is the problem. I'm guessing that they're gathering all of your system config info and performing a hash function, which makes it extremely touchy. I can't even get the thing to work on the same machine from one install to the next.

• 2 weeks later...

I got this working:

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Adobe Acrobat© Pro 7" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "msiexec /i \"\\Serveur\Fr\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional\AcroPro.msi\" /qb- ISX_SERIALNUMBER=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX EULA_ACCEPT=YES" /f

BUT I'd like to have it installed in FRENCH... is there a switch I can add or a file I can modify because for now, it will install in english as default.

*** EDIT***

nevermind, I think I got it, I added

TRANSFORMS=1036.MST

Yep! it's working.

Edited by Incroyable HULK

I got this working:

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Adobe Acrobat© Pro 7" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "msiexec /i \"\\Serveur\Fr\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional\AcroPro.msi\" /qb- ISX_SERIALNUMBER=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX EULA_ACCEPT=YES" /f

BUT I'd like to have it installed in FRENCH... is there a switch I can add or a file I can modify because for now, it will install in english as default.

*** EDIT***

nevermind, I think I got it, I added

TRANSFORMS=1036.MST

Yep! it's working.

Does that get around activation? Or is there no other way?

• 1 month later...