INF Files

can someone tell me how i should enter path names into an inf file? because ive tryed a few ways, and all of them have failed.

HKLM,"Software\Classes\foobar2000.mp3\shell\enqueue",,0x00000000,"Enqueue in foobar2000"
HKLM,"Software\Classes\foobar2000.mp3\shell\enqueue\command",,0x00000000,"\"C:\Program Files\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe\" /add \"%1\""

i searched through the forum for information about infs and found quite a few things to help me get the rest of my inf file working correctly, anyone know what the correct way of putting paths in.

HKLM,Software\Classes\foobar2000.mp3\shell\enqueue,,,"Enqueue in foobar2000"
HKLM,Software\Classes\foobar2000.mp3\shell\enqueue\command,,,"""%16422%\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe"" /add ""%1"""

An inf doesn't use a backslash to escape the quotation mark, it uses another quotation mark, the special folders use what is known as DIRIDs, I have added the appropriate one for %ProgramFiles%, (%16422%)

The only other changes I made were, I removed the quotation marks from your HKLM paths, this was personal preference, I like to use them only if the paths contain spaces. The final one, which is also a preference too is that a REG_SZ string is assumed so you can leave out the 0x00000000, (can also be just 0)

Hope this helps

Edited by Yzöwl