Crash2

raptor

Just recently my computer has been shutting down in the middle what ever im doing ,iyou can hear the harddrive shutting down then its just like i hit restart and it reboots,i had not added any software or harware i am only using about 20% of my hard drive ,i have 128 megs of ram pIII 847mgz thishas happened several times in the last 10days.Help

Right-click on My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced tab -> press the Settings button under Startup and Recovery -> uncheck Automatically Restart

Next time that this happens you'll see a BSOD instead of just rebooting. Write down the error code that the screen displays and come back to us with that information. With the info that you've given, it could be one of a thousand things.

he's gotta give us some more info... he's just talking about that his pc just shuts off... then a BSOD don't shut ur pc down.. just reboots it... If it just shuts down and it goes properly, it could also be a remote shutdown that someone's messing with u (via trojan)...

Raptop, you also know what a BSOD is?

-If you don't its the blue screen that displays for 2-5secs then reboots... (Blue screen of Death)

Could be loose power lead wires on the motherboard,faulty power supply.If the hard drive is spinning down the power is cut off and windows did not shut it off.Just trying to cover the hardware angle.I'd say check all connections first,and take static precautions foremost.

Just recently my computer has been shutting down in the middle what ever im doing ,iyou can hear the harddrive shutting down then its just like i hit restart and it reboots,i had not added any software or harware i am only using about 20% of my hard drive ,i have 128 megs of ram pIII 847mgz thishas happened several times in the last 10days.Help

P III at 847 Mhz? Are you overclocking? If you are trying going back to the original CPU speed to see if it stops.......

P III at 847 Mhz? Are you overclocking? If you are trying going back to the original CPU speed to see if it stops.......

Overclocking is a very posible cause! ... I had the same 'problem' with my comp when the ram was running at more than 420mhz!

Tinker

Very good observation.

Flier

Not everyone can overclock their CPU and expect troublefree operation, a lot of environmentals come into play

lmao, everyone calling me "flier" hah!

anyway, I know, not all cpu's run stable.. just talkin bout my great lil amd processor.. :)