DVDDecrypter discontinued

enuffsaid

Sad news...

Lightning UK!, the author of DVDDecrypter, has been approached by an undisclosed company, to stop any further development and support of their popular DVDDecrypter, due to circumventing DVD copy protections. For this reason DVDDecrypter will be discontinued.

more info:

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11914

EDIT:

Latest DVD Decrypter (v3.5.4.0) version can be found through Google's cache.

DVD Shrink site is still there but development on DVD Shrink stopped a long time ago. The author now works for Nero and all work goes into Nero Recode which I now use.

Okay, didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Was he forced out of business like Lighting UK! ?

EDIT:

Found more info with regard to DVDShrink being discontinued. Indeed it seems he is now working for Ahead, and this seems his only motivation to discontinue DVDShrink. Well, sad for us, good for him.

EDIT 2:

Read more with regard to DVD Shrink being discontinued here.

:realmad: This Sucks.

BTW turn off the update check or disallow the program to access the internet. Its rumored Sony is behind this and is now the owner of the domain, and they could potentially get your IP if you use this and check for an update.

• 3 weeks later...
realmad.gif This Sucks. 

BTW turn off the update check or disallow the program to access the internet.  Its rumored Sony is behind this and is now the owner of the domain, and they could potentially get your IP if you use this and check for an update.

Thanks for the warning, I think Lightning UK was giving us a heads up when he said,

.... "The domain name will be transferred over to the company by the end of the week"...,

..."With 3.5.4.0 being the last version, it makes sense for everyone to disable the "check for new versions" feature, as obviously there won"t be any. Of course what I really mean is that you should all stop using the program out of respect for the company’s rights." ...

and

... "Anyone hosting DVD Decrypter is advised to cease doing so immediately. I"ve the feeling they won"t stop with just me.".....

This really sucks, I am still pi$%ed off about this. realmad.gifrealmad.gifrealmad.gifrealmad.gif

I am glad I was able to download v3.5.4.0 before it was hard to get....

Best Wishes to Lightning UK!! thumbup.gif:)biggrin.gif B) and regards:

Thank You for such an Awesome, Free, no bullsh1t program!!!

:} to see you go

I hear it's also been back for many days too.

http://www.dvddecrypter.r8.org/

I would like to spread the word and let everyone know, you can now find DVD Decrypter at: http://www.dvddecrypter.r8.org. After a lot of hard work, I've brought this website back in a new form!

The purpose of this website is to provide support for users of DVD Decrypter, as well as any news of possible future development of DVD Decrypter itself. I do not have rights to the domain name of: www.dvddecrypter.com so I am using a new page layout provided by fasfrank web design and the website development will continue. I have re-established the forum as well and hope to see a lot of the old members come back and lend a hand in support of this great program and the people who use it.

Future development of DVD Decrypter has stopped for now and the program is somewhat of an orphan. Various legal issues prevent further development in it's current form. The program is still available here, at the mirror sites listed and other locations.

Some exploration of the program itself could result in some "legal" patches for the current version.

This will be difficult at best so I am looking for a wide range of people including reverse engineer, C++, C+ or anyone who knows how to update and maintain software programs. The original developer of this program could not legally release the source code so If you have these skills, please contact me immediately at: lightninguk.dvddecrypter@gmail.com and please know you will work out of the kindness of your heart! I cannot pay you unless someone wants me to add a "Donate NOW" link to the web page!

I am sorry for any confusion my original news flash may have caused. This website is not the original and I am not the original LIGHTNING UK! Please refer to me as THE NEW LIGHTNING UK! I am trying to bring something very good back to life and please pardon me if I have offended anyone. This site is for you!