Need Help to solve This Problem!

i'm not sure if this is matter of applying latest SP 2.0 final but when i restart in MS-DOS mode and i write command Scandisk/all to scan my disk drives nothing happend the window stays reading and nothing .. all the time was OK.. now i wonder how i can re-activate this feature.. does anyone knows anything about it ?? ..i got now installed SP 2.01 ..but the problem still remains .. maybe there's some command disabled by some application for DOS.. so far i see my scandisk now works only under Windows but not in DOS.. some other commands like scanreg still works.

any ideas?

please help

My Best Regards

i'm not sure if this is matter of applying latest SP 2.0 final but when i restart in MS-DOS mode and i write command Scandisk/all to scan my disk drives nothing happend  the window stays reading and nothing .. all the time was OK.. now i wonder how i can re-activate this feature.. does anyone knows anything about it ?? ..i got now installed SP 2.01 ..but the problem still remains ..  maybe there's some command disabled by some application for DOS.. so far i see my scandisk now works only under Windows but not in DOS.. some other commands like scanreg  still works.

any ideas?

Could you try to Scandisk in MS-DOS mode from F8 menu ?

Did you try to Scandisk a individual partition like: Scandisk C: ?

Could you try to Scandisk in MS-DOS mode from F8 menu ?
yes. and it works from there
Did you try to Scandisk a individual partition like: Scandisk C: ?

still the same... nothing happend.. mean dosen't run or either work

what do you think could be causing this problem or what could be a possible solution for this?

My Best Regards

when you say you restart in MS-dos mode, you mean you selected the Restart in MS-DOS option from the Win98 shutdown menu. check your autoexec.bat and config.sys files from the c:\ folder to see what is loaded from those files. also, check the dosstart.bat file from the c:\windows folder to see what is being loaded from that file. The dosstart.bat file is used when restarting to MS-DOS. something from either of those three files I mentioned might be causing scandisk to not work properly.

i will check those files ... but either autoexec.bat & config.sys don't have anything strange .. the dosstart.bat has 0 kb and no data in it... what do you have on that file as data???.. also i was thinking it could be a bad hard disk sector or fragmentation.. what do you think?

My BEst Regards

Edited by CRK