How lite is your xp?

H2S-DARK

the size range of I386 directory of ur lite xp?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. the size range of I386 directory of ur lite xp?

• over 600MB
    • 550-600
    • 500-550
    • 450-500
    • 400-450
    • 350-400
    • 300-350
    • 250-300
    • 200-250
    • 170-200
    • 150-170
    • 120-150
    • 100-120
    • less than 100

I386 size - ~148 MB with RVMUpdatePack, XPize, a few addons and 9.21 MB of drivers. I had ~102 MB ISO some time b4 (without ForceWare and nForce drivers), however some programs I wanted to use didn't work with so strong nLitement...

• 2 weeks later...

After a lot of revisions, I took the installation again, snatched some stuff out of it and - don't freak - took it down to 111.1 MB.

The whole ISO I mean!

Then when I added a bit ripped Office, the whole ISO became 435.

I think 111.1 is pretty much the limit, if you still want to get on the internet with it.

After the installation, the Windows folder is 272.7 MB. The whole harddisk took 899 MB, cuz of Office with his fat a**!

Well, it's a good thing to not have an "under 50MB" option, otherwise others would be tempted to make their Windows as crippled as yours, losing 99.9% of the functionality you sacrificed for gaming in your system, but of course they don't realize that less filesize = less functionality, so the whining and moaning comes later. :P

hahahh

jeremy, I lost no funtionality, that wasn't remove by nlite

(that I could also add back later)

unless it was losing a function to benifit in a much larger and better way. (like virus immunity, no firewall needed etc)

but you wont get it, until you try microwinX for yourself.

Edited by gdogg

• 2 months later...

Oh my. I understand from some of you that you managed to get you I386 to a very small size and still retain functionalities? How do you do that?

Congratz on managing to do that. :)

Edited by xanvier

For example if you don't use Windows Media Player, you will save at least 22MB. But you need another media player. On my computer, it is MPC+Foobar, approx. 4/5MB.

Also, I remove nearly all drivers because anyway XP has no support for my hardware. I also remove some hardware support. Then, keyboards and languages. Then, Windows Movie Maker, and Windows Sounds (I really enjoy a quiet computer, that doesn't wake everybody up at home when I power my computer at 6am). Then, IIS, MSN Messenger, MSn Explorer. Same goes for .Net Framework (I install .Net 2 after if I need it). Manual install and RIS also. Last, I remove a bunch of services and I break Windows Update compatibility (which has ben proven to be a not so bad idea with this WGA thing).