How lite is your xp?

H2S-DARK

the size range of I386 directory of ur lite xp?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. the size range of I386 directory of ur lite xp?

• over 600MB
    • 550-600
    • 500-550
    • 450-500
    • 400-450
    • 350-400
    • 300-350
    • 250-300
    • 200-250
    • 170-200
    • 150-170
    • 120-150
    • 100-120
    • less than 100

i just finished mine. now its 177MB including 19.7MB drivers + RyanVM pack + modified shell components. it installs extreamly fast 18 min counting from after drive format to welcome screen.

just 160 with 2k3 + sp1 and some drivers and stuff... but still full functionality... so not too bad :)

Thats not bad at all, with 2K3 you allways gonna end up with some 35-50mb more than XP with same settings in Nlite..(at least in .998b5).

I'm working on unregistering all those serverrelated components pre/postinstall...my guess is it will land on just a few megs more.

But that is if you just wanna get the "workstationperformance" out of it ofcourse...

just 160 with 2k3 + sp1 and some drivers and stuff... but still full functionality... so not too bad :)

Thats not bad at all, with 2K3 you allways gonna end up with some 35-50mb more than XP with same settings in Nlite..(at least in .998b5).

I'm working on unregistering all those serverrelated components pre/postinstall...my guess is it will land on just a few megs more.

But that is if you just wanna get the "workstationperformance" out of it ofcourse...

how do you remove so much without killing compatibility ? Do you have some batch files U would like to share with us :unsure:

how do you remove so much without killing compatibility ? Do you have some batch files  U would like to share with us ?

..if I tell you I must kill you.. :whistle:

..nah, joking aside..I have spent a couple of weeks on checking all those Dll's dependencies, registryvalues, Snapincalls...and so on..I have removed some stuff like Shared Folders and Performance Monitor..(not for network)..and removed/unregistered registryentries for them so I will not have any popups at all.

Same for Services, I have only 12-14 services remaning in system, and no "dead meat"..still have DHCP, Task Sheduler, WIFI,P&P, Crypto..and some.

Still working on a few minor things..a few events in Event Viewer that needs to be dealt with.

All this is handled with batchfiles and regfiles @ T-13 and RunOnceEx, pretty much all my work is in there...taken we all understand that without Nlite I havent even got close to where I am now. Thanx Nuhi! :thumbup

I will not share my batches/reggies yet, it's not perfected yet and just toooo much effort put in them to just "throw" them around...I hope you will understand :}

Eventually they will be shared ofcourse ;)

But hey, ask me anything and I will be glad to help..just not those files...yet.

• 9 months later...

How did you guys get it so small o.O;

I got it at 600+ MB's, took out as much as possible... What could I have missed? (I still want Office on the same cd, so getting a WORKING WinXP SP2 smaller than 210 MB's would allow Office on the same cd)

Has anyone come up with a way to remove files after

install? Or have tickboxes with description in nLite

so that REM script is built in? Thats how people get

200Mb footprints! But in nLite, these files are not

represented - I know, there are hundreds of files,

its a silly idea.

mine is currently at 109mb, but not finished yet!

This includes IE, SP2, and a few modified Dlls.

All of this was done with nLite and removing unneccesary folders...

now working on removing unneeded images, applications, html documents bla bla...

every kb counts!

Edited by antonio_king

mine is 210MB :D

How did you guys get it so small o.O;

I got it at 600+ MB's, took out as much as possible... What could I have missed? (I still want Office on the same cd, so getting a WORKING WinXP SP2 smaller than 210 MB's would allow Office on the same cd)

if you read in the top of the poll answers you'll see that the q is how much is the size of I386 folder and NOT the size of the full cd

btw you could leave the progs on a second partition or HD and add only the batch file or whatever you use to run them in the cd and change only the paths in the batch file

well how lite.

the iso is 115 Mb and after installing XP the three folders total 250 MB.

So documents and Settings, Program Files and windows :)

No programs are installed and there is al lot of junk removed.

I have internet and run all major software, like photoshop and avid liquid, macromedias dreamweaver and ofcourse firefox