Registry Tweaks Pt 3

Hi all

Sometime ago, I saw a tweak posted and I tried it. The tweak did the following:

In Windows Explorer, when you click on the C drive, in the left panel window..you would see all the folders present within that drive. The C tree still open, I click on the "d drive". The C tree closes and the folders within the D drive expand showing them all.

I find this tweak interesting since I have 6 HD on my PC and 8 partitions. When I go through my drive, they don't just expand, they close as I go through them.

I had to format my HD where my OS was and I can't find the tweak in my backup. I have been going through tweak forums for the past 2 weeks searching for that specific tweak, in vain. :}:no:

Could someone please post the .reg of that specific tweak?

THX in advance ;)

This post isn't meant to distract from the thread or spam a promo of some1 elses software. If it comes across that way the I apologise in advance and will edit this post straight away when asked :blushing: ....

I recently tried and am testing a free program called Registry Tweaker, I thought I'd post about here since it has quite a few usefull features. The author of the program is constantly adding support for new features and functions that will make your tweak databasing and profiling quite worth it in the long run.

In the past week the test versions of his program has come along in leaps and bounds.

Some of the features that are quite handy are:

A user editable database for adding your own reg tweaks.

Customisable Categories for your Tweaks you have listed in the database.

Supports multikey tweaks.

Apply a tweak straight away.

Add tweaks to a profile and apply the profile when your ready using the program.

Export profile to .reg file (Handy for UA)

Value Box for when you select a tweak to apply or add to profile

Auto apply your .reg file on windows startup.

etc...

The features are being added/updated on a regular basis by the author.

There's still alot to add as of yet .

Currently his program supports DWORD and STRING entries only atm, but I think he's working on the other needed reg types as I type. Once he has these added I really think that this program would be perfect to add all the registry tweaks from the first post and any other tweak you can think of for that matter into one neat database for your own needs.

I've been adding entries for reg tweaks I use from the first posts RegTweaks list as well as tweaks from my scattered .reg files for my own use and am finding his program getting beter and better as each version I test. Just thought it worth a mention.

Some pics of the version I'm testing atm:

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

Pic4

I would like to mention all the features and functions but this post is long enough and I'm really not sure if any1 will apreciate me posting it here as it is. :unsure:

Cheers

Edited by smashly

I've searched the whole forum for "NoUpdatePromptTime" but no luck, so here is my question;

I'm still using MSN 6.2 and every 2 weeks it notifies me of a new MSN version, and every time I have to tell it to leave me alone for another 2 weeks. :(:P

I did a registry search and found the MSN folder with the key responisble > NoUpdatePromptTime with it's value: 10 ac 03 f7 32 2b c6 01. This is abracadabra for me.

Does anyone know how to disable this completely?

Hi,

Is it possible to find the registry tweak to switch "Full Screen Video" from "Disable" to "Secondary Display" and vise versa. Thanks.

I tired this but :no:

disable.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak]
"CinematicPageState"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Video\{67F501C9-54C6-4F07-B321-0372D5ADDD32}\0000]
"OverlayMode2"=hex:52,05,10,00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Video\{67F501C9-54C6-4F07-B321-0372D5ADDD32}\0001]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{67F501C9-54C6-4F07-B321-0372D5ADDD32}\0000]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{67F501C9-54C6-4F07-B321-0372D5ADDD32}\0001]

Okay now I'm done with the RegCheck V. 1.2. The interface looks a bit different, added a list box and moved the buttons. I also added suggestions for the lines that come up as errors. Thought I would give you a specific list of what the program searches for, so if there's something you would like have added to the search pattern just tell me:

• Out commented keys which don't have all there values out commented as well, will cause an error.
  • Any non-empty line which doesn't begin with a '"' , '@' , '[' or a ';' ,will cause an error, if the previous line doesn't end with a '\'.
  • NEW: Lines that begin with a '[' needs to end with a']' or an error will a occur.

I hope you won't find bugs all too fast B)

RegCheck_1_2.rar

RegCheck_1_2.rar

Edited by 4r0

Well first thing first.

Thanks for the highlighting. :D

So...

I would not allow the user to change the size of the appz window as it goes crazy if you do.

You need to make the view box a bit bigger and add some word wrap.

See what I mean:

http://www10.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=18192

By the way you shared the source code one time do you plan on sharing again? Perhaps vb 2003 version as well if so? Hoping you do :thumbup Thanks again.

Also do you plan on doing auto correcting errors? Or at least when your 100% sure what the soultion is. Like when an ending bracket is missing. I have 200 of them missing :( so would be nice if i could have it fix them all for me. :)

Also you should clear the error log when opening a new file.

Also if you open a file with errors and then close the app without touching the file it thinks you did and asks to save the changes even though i changed nothing so there are no changes.

Also how about a checkbox next to the save button if checked will when you click the save button save to the current file. Meaning dont ask where to save to. Just save to the current file and notify the user the file was saved successfully or not.

Edited by war59312