Registry Tweaks Pt 3

Thanks for the link, but there is no information on there on how to remove the links and favourites folder in Internet Explorer. Does anyone here have the registry tweaks for that? Thanks.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar "LinksFolderName"="Links"

edit the Links folder name to display nothing as so

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar "LinksFolderName"=""

Hey 4r0,

Nice app but something very much is wrong with it.

It only saves up to 41,984 charcters when you click the save button. Everything else is not saved at all.

Also if you scan a file that is over 41,984 charcters and click browse it takes you to the last line in the file since it thinks its an error. See now if you click the save button then it gets saved as 41,984 charcters and no longer does it think it has an error.

Also, perhaps you should open the program centered screen and add an icon to its exe.

Oh and its no errors have been found, not no errors has been found. :P

Hope you can fix this.

Thanks,

Will

Edited by war59312

Okay, I'll get right back on it. Heh, I understand English almost perfectly, but I haven't used it much in an active way, so there's still some real silly mistakes I make ^^. Thx for the feedback!

Is there a registry tweak to get rid of "Search from internet" from the start menu\search? Since nLITE 1rc4 I can't get this tweak to work properly, and since there are so much tweaks here...

Thanks

Edited by piovrauz

So, I've done some bug hunting and things should be working pretty good now. There's still probably some way of causing an unwanted result, so if anything comes up let me. I thought this would make a good version 1.0.0.0, now that the program seems to me as bug free anyway, but as I said you never know. Let me also know if there's any feature you would like to have added.

Perhaps I should create my own topic to prevent any confusion, or maybe you, Glent, could add my program to your first post, which would be most suitable imo, because the programs sole purpose is meant for helping to manage the registry tweaks.

Anyway here it is:

Check further down ^^

Remember to have .Net Framework 2.0 installed.

Edited by 4r0

Well I noticed it does not highlight the mistake any more and just takes to the line. Perhaps you could highlight it yellow some how?

Also, could you add support for REGEDIT4 type reg files?

Edited by war59312

I thought it would be enough just to mark the error with the carrot(that's the blinking thingy right?), so you wouldn't have to deselect the text every time. Suppose I could add some colors or something, but that will probably gonna have to wait a while. I'm not all that fancy and I prefer efficiency and I think the program serves it purpose already good enough. Anyway, I'll take it under advisement.

Support added:

Edited by 4r0

hehe Cool no problem.

Thanks again and dang that was fast,

Will

Um another bug.

First open a file with an error in it. Push the scan button. Now hit the back arrow. It takes you back to the first line of the file as if there is an error which of course there is not. ;) Perhaps give the no error message or just dont even let the user click the button if there is no previous error.

Then if you click the next error button it does not take you back to the error that does exist. You get the no error messgage. You have to start over to find the errors again by clicking the scan button.

Same goes for next button. Why have the next button even enabled if there are no errors. So scan the file right when you open the file perhaps? Saves time, now I do not have to click the scan button myself. :lol: Plus it allows you to do the above nicely, that is reading ahead and settings the buttons properties correctly, that is if its enabled or not. And of course at start up the previous error button would be disabled and the next error button would only be enabled if there is another error. So simply keep a count of the number of errors when you first open the file.

Meaning if you can subject one from the current error position and the new error position is greater than zero than there is a previous error so enable the previous error button. And if you can add on to the current position and not go over the total number of errors then there is an error so enable the next button.

Something like that. :P

Edited by war59312

Those buttons really seem to be error prone... :}

Well, I guess I have my own implementation to blame a little. As it is now, my scan procedure only scans until it finds a error and stops there, so the overhead easily grows because of all the extra checking that has to be done. Think I'm gonna do it from the beginning with a better design. The next release will probably come under next week. B)

Edited by 4r0

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

"NoRecentDocsHistory"=dword:00000000

I've got my value on 1 and my list looks the same as yours. I'm not sure about this, but that could be the key that enables/disables the functionality of having the list automatically updated, with the programs you use the most. You probably already know this, but you can drag n drop stuff there to make shortcuts manually also.

Btw, the skin/theme(or what ever its called), you're using, where could I find the topic about it? Or maybe I'm just mistaking it for something else, but I'm pretty sure I saw a thread about that specific visual style some time ago. I just would like to test it out...

Edited by 4r0

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

"NoRecentDocsHistory"=dword:00000000

I've got my value on 1 and my list looks the same as yours. I'm not sure about this, but that could be the key that enables/disables the functionality of having the list automatically updated, with the programs you use the most. You probably already know this, but you can drag n drop stuff there to make shortcuts manually also.

Btw, the skin/theme(or what ever its called), you're using, where could I find the topic about it? Or maybe I'm just mistaking it for something else, but I'm pretty sure I saw a thread about that specific visual style some time ago. I just would like to test it out...

tnx for the tweak :P

i use royalmod theme. yu can find it in here