Registry Tweaks Pt 3

i can't manage the tweak to work.If i import the .reg file the name of my computer doesn't change,if i do it manually it does

Try to do it manualy, then export your registry key to file.

Now try change name to anything and then import reg file.

Maybe it will work..

Edited by Loras

@ boombastic2

Relatet to your Q.

Try this vbs script, found on M$ Tech Net

Const MY_COMPUTER = &H11&

Set objNetwork = CreateObject("Wscript.Network")
objComputerName = objNetwork.ComputerName
Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
Set objFolder = objShell.Namespace(MY_COMPUTER)
Set objFolderItem = objFolder.Self
objFolderItem.Name = objComputerName

Save as mycompname.vbs

Run at "RunOnceEx" like this

REG ADD %KEY%\024 /VE /D "Ændre Maskine Navn." /f
REG ADD %KEY%\024 /V 1 /D "%SOFTWARE%\mycompName.vbs" /f

Will show machine name from your winnt.sif

[UserData]
ProductKey = "XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX"
ComputerName = FROZEN
FullName = "Laurits Justesen"
OrgName = "Frozen Ink Tattoo"

Here is something I ran across when trying to find another tweak. Does anyone know of this? It's new to me... Thanks in advance.

;do not roam the following folders
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"ExcludeProfileDirs"="Local Settings;Temporary Internet Files;History;Temp"

Matt it is pointless, see:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...entry/93512.asp

By default, the History, Local Settings, Temp, and Temporary Internet Files folders are excluded from the user's roaming profile.

Note: You cannot use this entry to include the folders that are excluded by default.

And it should be:

HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

Not:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Edited by war59312

I have these 4 tweaks that get prevent prompts 1, 3, 4 and 5 in the list you have. I would love to know what tweaks are needed to get prevent the others.

;Disables Internet Explorer "Send Information to the Internet" Prompt

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3]

"1601"=dword:00000000

;Disables Internet Explorer "Auto-Complete" Prompt

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms]

"AskUser"=dword:00000000

;Disables Internet Explorer "Information Bar, Which States IE will block Pop-Ups" Prompt

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\InformationBar]

"FirstTime"=dword:00000000

;Disables Internet Explorer "Cookie - Privacy Icon" Prompt

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]

"PrivDiscUiShown"=dword:00000001

Edited by cumminbk

I have these 2 tweaks that get prevent promps 1 and 4 in your list you have. I would love to know what tweaks are needed to get prevent the others

;Disables Internet Explorer "Send Information to the Internet" Prompt

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3]

"1601"=dword:00000000

;Disables Internet Explorer "Auto-Complete" Prompt

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms]

"AskUser"=dword:00000000

;Disables Internet Explorer "Information Bar, Which States IE will block Pop-Ups" Prompt

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\InformationBar]

"FirstTime"=dword:00000000

;Disables Internet Explorer "Cookie - Privacy Icon" Prompt

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]

"PrivDiscUiShown"=dword:00000001

Super! Thanks for this; I hope someone has the others too :D

Edited by matthewk

I found this in the tweaks file but i an unable to get it working? has anyone had success with this tweak?

;----- Gets rid of anoying popup for running files you download from internet

;-----

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download]

"CheckExeSignatures"="no"

"RunInvalidSignatures"=dword:00000000

I found this in the tweaks file but i an unable to get it working? has anyone had success with this tweak?

;-----  Gets rid of anoying popup for running files you download from internet

;-----

"RunInvalidSignatures"=dword:00000000

I looked up that key you provided. RunInvalidSignatures seems to be set to 1 in more places than I found that reported it being set to 0. There other lines were showing only on of the results of the ones I viewed. Anyone have a confirmation on these lines? :)

;Gets rid of anoying popup for running files you download from internet
"RunInvalidSignatures"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments]
"SaveZoneInformation"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations]
"LowRiskFileTypes"=".zip;.rar;.nfo;.txt;.exe;.bat;.com;.cmd;.reg;.msi;.htm;.html;.gif;.bmp;.jpg;.avi;.mpg;.mpeg;.mo
v;.mp3;.m3u;.wav;"

CheckExeSignatures and RunInvalidSignatures disable "The publisher could not be verified" prompts when running downloaded files. When a user downloads a file from the Internet, Windows automatically marks the file attachment with its zone information (such as Restricted, local, internet..) Based on file's zone information Windows assignes a proper risk level (High, Moderate, or Low) To disable this feature SaveZoneInformation is set to 1. Files listed in LowRiskFileTypes are not blocked by Windows and a security message is never displayed. If LowRiskFileTypes is not configured, downloads that were made before SaveZoneInformation was set to 1, will still display Warning message.

Thanks for the tip on the codebox; new one to me.

Edited by matthewk

Anyone have a confirmation on these lines? :)

;Gets rid of anoying popup for running files you download from internet
"RunInvalidSignatures"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments]
"SaveZoneInformation"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations]
"LowRiskFileTypes"=".zip;.rar;.nfo;.txt;.exe;.bat;.com;.cmd;.reg;.msi;.htm;.html;.gif;.bmp;.jpg;.avi;.mpg;.mpeg;.mo
v;.mp3;.m3u;.wav;"

CheckExeSignatures and RunInvalidSignatures disable "The publisher could not be verified" prompts when running downloaded files.
When a user downloads a file from the Internet, Windows automatically marks the file attachment with its zone information (such as
Restricted, local, internet..) Based on file's zone information Windows assignes a proper risk level (High, Moderate, or Low) To
disable this feature SaveZoneInformation is set to 1. Files listed in LowRiskFileTypes are not blocked by Windows and a security
message is never displayed. If LowRiskFileTypes is not configured, downloads that were made before SaveZoneInformation was set to 1,
will still display Warning message.

I use this set of tweaks, and as far as I can tell, they work perfectly. However, I did notice recently that the key name specifies IE and I user Firefox for my browser, so it may be completely coincidental that I don't get the prompts.

Edit: In the future, please use the codebox tags instead of code tags when posting code that contains long strings of unbroken characters, it helps keep the forum looking tidy. :)

(Also edited the quote to demonstrate the appearance of codebox tags and inserted additional line breaks to keep the final paragraph from being displayed on a single line.)

Edited by Cartoonite

Yes please edit your post. ;)

Hey war, which post? I edited the one I thought he was referring to before this post by you was made. Also, the post of the IE images has been edited. There are a couple that have not been figured out. Anyone know them? Thanks :)

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=54809

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=54605