CMenu

MHz

Hi jamesbebby,

If I were to open a cmd prompt at the current working directory of CMenu.exe, then I could type for example:

CMenu.exe identify CMenu.exe

Now you should get a Msgbox prompt about an attempt to scan CMenu.exe. I added the prompt to notify that CMenu.exe is a custom installer made from AutoIt3.

So the syntax is:

"path\to\cmenu.exe" identify "path\to\filename.exe"

where "path\to" is optional depending on current working directory. The "identify" parameter calls the Indentify Installer functionality within CMenu.exe. The Indentify Installer functionality then gets the "path\to\filename.exe" parameter as reference to perform a scan with PEiD and acts upon the result of the scan.

So if you were to add this as a data entry into the registry then you would use something like this:

"path\to\cmenu.exe" identify "%1"

where "path\to" is the absolute path to CMenu.exe.

Let me know if you have doubt about what I just explained above or any other questions that I may help you with. Good luck with your little context menu thingy. :)

Wicked! I would like to being it out of 'CMenu.exe' because as i just found out that everything linked with-in CMenu.

So whats the commands taken out with PEiD??? So its scans and show you those great boxes that you made up with the details of the switches [Hope you dont mind me using this part of your app???]

Cheers, James

Edited by jamesbebby

jamesbebby,

It seems like you have not reviewed the source code to determine your questions? Please isolate CMenu.exe within a directory and then at a cmd prompt at that current working directory "CMenu.exe /extract" without the quotes. You will then see the source files extracted. Amongst these files will be a file named CMenu.au3. Read CMenu.au3 through any programming text editor and you may get a glimpse of the code that I use to automate PEiD as well as other tasks. I do not expect you to understand Autoit3 code if you have not learned it but I may hope that you may know some parameters given to Run() etc. and some of the switch cases used to get an idea of how I achieved this task. If you can understand just a little of what I have done then it may help by a large amount by what you wish to learn. I always will show my source code and retain the right to challenge those who try to hide it. I am more then happy to teach others to expand on my code as suitable for the benefit of everyone.

Now, for your 1st line, "that everything linked with-in CMenu" is true that all functions contained within the exe ... and just templates etc. are external.

Your 1st question answered:

The commands for PEiD used is:

PEiD.exe "path\to\filename.exe"

It seems that I did not use other parameters for PEiD.exe.

Your 2nd questioned answered:

If you can improve on what I have done then I may praise your effort. I am not aware at the moment that I put any copyright license on CMenu but if it has then please respect. Due credit for effort is sufficient where appropriate. I like to share my efforts and hope to continue sharing my efforts.

• 3 weeks later...