CMenu

MHz

The "Directory List" function is in v2.6 as just verified with a clean install. You could perhaps try to uninstall and install again which may refresh the entry if it is missing. You can download CMenu from here.

i d/l'd that earlier today and there was no directory list functionality, force delete, and others were missing. i d/l'd it again and the contents of the archive were the same. uninstalled/reinstalled and all the functionality is restored. this is on a fresh xp install.

the MD5/CRC signatures never match those posted however.

this is mine: BB13F647E786CF6743A7F36DB4C060C5

i d/l'd that earlier today and there was no directory list functionality, force delete, and others were missing. i d/l'd it again and the contents of the archive were the same. uninstalled/reinstalled and all the functionality is restored. this is on a fresh xp install.

I am glad that restoration was successful. Very strange how it failed to add the entries the 1st time but it might be a one off event of some disturbance that caused failure. Not much I can do about unexpected events such as this.

the MD5/CRC signatures never match those posted however.

this is mine: BB13F647E786CF6743A7F36DB4C060C5

Thanks for the hash as I like to be informed of any tempering that may have happened on the CMenu site.

I just downloaded CMenu v2.6 and the hash is correct as listed. Do note that I hash CMenu.exe and not the zip archive that stores it. The hash you present is the zip archive.

Current version of CMenu.exe Hashes:

• 2 months later...

any insights of cmenu on windows vista? i just tried to install it and i got an error message windows that tells me that it "cannot copy file" to C:\Program Files.....

also, is there another tool that lets me at least run exe and msi files with parameters in vista?

EDIT: i just made execute with parameters dll that works in vista. i will post it on the members projects forum.

if someone can fix the CMenu to work on vista would be great as i want mora than just run with parameters.

thanks.

Edited by elajua

my own dll was giving me problems. but the CMenu setup can be run as administrator and it install fine. i just found that some minutes ago.

just run it as admin and everything is working, at least the identify installer and run with parameters wich i have tested. to run msi files with parameters you dont need to change the as admin but it is needed in order to run exe files.

• 4 months later...

Great tool! This is accomplishing most everything I need.

I was wondering though. I may have over looked but can I identify the installer from the windows command line and possibly pass those variables to do a silent install. What I am trying to do is poll a folder with all kinds of applications I have downloaded and automatically install them.

Thanks

Great tool! This is accomplishing most everything I need.

I was wondering though. I may have over looked but can I identify the installer from the windows command line and possibly pass those variables to do a silent install. What I am trying to do is poll a folder with all kinds of applications I have downloaded and automatically install them.

Thanks

You can call CMenu.exe via command line, but you would only invoke the Gui "Identify Installer". I could create a modification to a special executable to allow this, to pass a command line and to execute the path of the file with suitable switches, but you may miss out on the files that cannot be recognized though.

Let me know if you want to continue with this and I may see if I can create a prototype for you to try out. :)

• 3 weeks later...
I would so like to try this out as a prototype. If the installer wasn't identified it could easily error out I guess and generate a log file?

I also sent you a PM.

Sorry about the late reply but the board did not send me an email notifying of your PM. I have replied to your PM.

Logging can be done.

:)

• 1 month later...