CMenu

MHz

@MHz

Thanks for a great little program. I found it invaluable to speed up some common tasks -- especially after replacing a hard drive, and having to install things again. It sped up some installs considerably.

I do have one question / request: Is there any way to install CMenu to somewhere other than %ProgramFiles%\CMenu ? i.e. specify an install path on first run / install? I did try something like this after installation (by moving the CMenu folder elsewhere, then replacing all the CMenu registry entries I could find to point to the new location, but it seems that the %ProgramFiles%\CMenu path is hard-coded in some places?

Any suggestions / thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance

-- Jondar

Currently, there is no option to where CMenu will install. It will install to %ProgramFiles%\CMenu and will operate correctly only from that path. I am unsure currently of changimg this behaviour as the installation routine relies on it. I will look into the possibilities of change and see if it can easily be done, but no promises.

Currently, there is no option to where CMenu will install. It will install to %ProgramFiles%\CMenu and will operate correctly only from that path. I am unsure currently of changing this behaviour as the installation routine relies on it. I will look into the possibilities of change and see if it can easily be done, but no promises.

@MHz

Thanks for the quick response, and thanks for at least looking into the suggestion I offered.

I figured that there was a reason why the particular folder, thanks for clearing it up.

I suppose I can live with CMenu's default install folder for the time being :) -- After all, certain other programs I have from certain sites *cough*Google*cough* do the same thing (offer no install path customisation)

Thanks again,

-- Jondar

I have changed some the code to allow a install path by commandline. Once you have used that path, then you are stuck with it. A reinstall will check for the previous path and will use that. As CMenu cannot change existing registry entries by installation, then existing installations will not be valid of using this additional switch. If you are determined enough, the next version would give you are chance to change the reinstall path but you would have to clear or change the registry entries yourself (which you tried to do already anyway).

I should have another release soon as testing if ok etc. No big feature additions, but mostly concept changes. Someone did reported to me that Ini2Au3 did overwrite their existing file (which is the same name as the Ini) and I forgot to add a suffix to the file output. Ini2Au3 does use the Recylebin for recovery to discard like many other items. So I have made some changes to improve at any cost the reliability for no surprises to happen. Warnings, Save dialogs etc will be given notice to avoid any issues. That would mean Recylebin not needed anymore. Clipboard capability etc will be present to still allow fast handling of operation. I like fast handling like anyone else. ;)

Edited by MHz

The installer is Core Installer and it's not on yr installer list.

Thanks coucou. Have you found any information on this installer worth using? I have tried googling for information but come up with nothing. If I try /? on it, I get a "Do you want to report this to Microsoft" message.

The way that I see of using this installer is to perhaps automate it with an AutoIt script. Have a look in your contextmenu for "More Options -> Installer Tools -> AutoIt Automated Script" or if it was not Identified then you are given further options there.

If you find some useful information on this installer then let me know.

Edited by MHz

Hi MHz,

I didn't find any info neither.

I started automated it with AutoIt, then i was sticked with the first windows. I couldn't uncheck the 3 [Advanced Options] (here bellow the image):

- Create a shortcuts on the desktop

- Run the program after the installation

- Open the Readme.txt file after the installation

There is NO uncheck selection individual/together. Moreover at the end of the install, many windows are opened... too much work!

Finally, I found the answer for this special program. I istalled it normaly, then just copy the directory, there is no installation needed.

Regards

coucou

Sounds like this is utilizing the DLL from Revenger Inc's CMenuExtender 1.2, which had a pretty serious memory leak, though I didn't bother to track down whether the leak was in cmext.dll or the executable cmexted.exe. If the latter then no problem...

Sounds like this is utilizing the DLL from Revenger Inc's CMenuExtender 1.2, which had a pretty serious memory leak, though I didn't bother to track down whether the leak was in cmext.dll or the executable cmexted.exe. If the latter then no problem...

I have seen other posts of yours, and to be quite honest, I do not care about your opinion. Technically, I think you are looking in the wrong spot for the memory leak :wacko: .

Version 2.2 is released. I currently will not accept further requests as this free program has been Crash&Burned. I have spent enough of my free time on this to try to make life easier for the good people. I would like to thank anyone who has been supportive of CMenu. I may consider a future version if only to maintain it's operational intregrity or other minor issues.

Thankyou,

MHz

P.S. Jondar, use CMenu.exe /silent /dir "%programfiles%\customfolder" to install to your custom folder. Using this on an existing installation will mean that the registry entries would need to manually be redirected with their paths. Once used then the path is set, even reinstalls will use that path. It's in the helpfile also.

Hi (Watsup) totoymola,

I try to iron out bugs if at all possible. ;)

Your welcome totoymola. Long time..., well, trying to track down which forum you are visiting is the hard part, lol :D .

• 3 weeks later...

I have been notified by PM of BandWidth Exceedance of CMenu site. Thanks MtDew12oz for the info.

RapidShare Download Link has been added to the 1st post.

News: Some options in Identify Installer were not being enabled but are now enabling correctly now in the version upload to RapidShare.

Enjoy.