CMenu

MHz

Amazing app, thanks a punch.

:D

(edit: it seems to overwrite any old stuff, lost my "Edit" and "Open with..." options,

Maybe I need to take a closer look on this thread and what it does., hehe)

Edited by Lolly

• 3 weeks later...
MHz, can I make a feature request?  Can you add the InnoUnpack feature for Inno Setups? :)  I hate doing it thu commandline.

I can see a purpose to add this. I will work on the addition of Innounp.exe. I will consider further additions as well.

Nice work MHz, just a bit of an update, with the latest release of Inno new switches have been added

/TASKS="comma separated list of task names"
and
/MERGETASKS="comma separated list of task names"
info available in the ISetup.hlp file if you wanted to update your Inno_Setup.txt

Here is an inno script i use for repacking the innounp.exe, it adds unpacker to the context menu

Thanks for the script. I may add innounp directly to Identify Installer. That will innounp, with no Dos box.

Nice work MHz, just a bit of an update, with the latest release of Inno new switches have been added
/TASKS="comma separated list of task names"
and
/MERGETASKS="comma separated list of task names"
info available in the ISetup.hlp file if you wanted to update your Inno_Setup.txt

Priceless information. I will update. Will be added and noted for Inno Setup 5.1.4 and above.

Also empty /COMPONENTS= is not default components now, instead no components. That could be nasty change, to installations.

Thanks benners. ;)

MHz would you consider changing the installer to an Inno setup?, I would like the option of not installing certain commands, i.e AutoIt and would prefer to do this at the installation stage with the components switch instead of having to delete files\folders and reg entries after the fact.

I also am in the process of cleaning my context menu up and adding the to your Cmenu and would like the option of including these changes into each new build you create.

Thanks

MHz, this is a great product! I uninstalled the ContextMenuExt.dll as you suggested and so far (with one exception I'll explain) CMenu works great!

I also had another product installed called "PathCopyEx" (by Mike Lin) that I was able to remove as well after installing CMenu--CMenu does a whole lot more!

Here's some of the things I setup w/it:

• added "Copy To..." and "Move To..."
  • added "Copy to System32..." and "Move to System32..."

and I used the scripts from "CABTOOLS" (created by "jdoe") to

• added a "CAB-IN" option that includes running modifype on the file(s) to be "cab'ed"
  • added a "CAB-OUT" option that expands the selected file(s)

The only problem I'm having is that I can't get CMenu to show a horizontal separator!

If I insert one anywhere in my menu all that happens is that the entry for "EditPlus" (text editor that I use) moves up the context menu like it's the separator!?!

Any thoughts on that?

The only problem I'm having is that I can't get CMenu to show a horizontal separator!

If I insert one anywhere in my menu all that happens is that the entry for "EditPlus" (text editor that I use) moves up the context menu like it's the separator!?!

Any thoughts on that?

To add a separator:

In the editor, just select the separator, with the item button. Then click ok.

On the main editor window, you can see up and down buttons. That can move your items, up or down the order. It should work, that easy.

Highlight and move up or down.

Glad you are finding it useful.

MHz would you consider changing the installer to an Inno setup?, I would like the option of not installing certain commands, i.e AutoIt and would prefer to do this at the installation stage with the components switch instead of having to delete files\folders and reg entries after the fact.

I also am in the process of cleaning my context menu up and adding the to your Cmenu and would like the option of including these changes into each new build you create.

Thanks

The program is the installer, the uninstaller and the main program. So it does not use a third party installer. The AutoIt entries should not be present, if you have not got AutoIt installed. This is so non AutoIt users do not have to see unrequired entries, that will not be used.

In the support folder, you will see a batch file called RegExport.bat. If you execute it, it will export the key, with all your CMenu items in it. It will be a reg file, that you can import back in. Before adding it back in. Use CMenu /clear, to remove the existing entries. Thus your saved entries, will be returned, once you execute the bat file.

Edited by MHz

thats great

expand and makecab is useful too :)

Certainly could be. I would not like it to be separate items, but a complete file modifier window, that is launched. This may take alittle time to implement, if to be added.

MHz, can I make a feature request?  Can you add the InnoUnpack feature for Inno Setups? :)  I hate doing it thu commandline.

Tests are proving well. Identify Installer will also handle unpacking, admin, and silent installs. Still need to tidy up and change the helpfile to reflect any changes made. It should not be too much longer for next release. Maybe end of the week? :D

Currently, no new items added to the context menu list.

Edited by MHz

CMenu_CAB_Tools.rar

The only problem I'm having is that I can't get CMenu to show a horizontal separator!If I insert one anywhere in my menu all that happens is that the entry for "EditPlus" (text editor that I use) moves up the context menu like it's the separator!?!

Any thoughts on that?

To add a separator:

In the editor, just select the separator, with the item button. Then click ok.

On the main editor window, you can see up and down buttons. That can move your items, up or down the order. It should work, that easy.

I understood and followed the instructions. In the CMenu editor it looks like this (I've also attached screenshots if you'd rather see it that way):

• More Options
  • ---Separator
  • Copy to...
  • Move to...
  • ---Separator
  • CAB-IN
  • CAB-OUT
  • ---Separator

But when I look at the actual context menu it looks like this:

• _________ (separator line)
  • More Options
  • EditPlus
  • Copy to...
  • Move to...
  • Open With
  • CAB-IN
  • CAB-OUT
  • UltraEdit-32
  • _________ (separator line)

with no horizontal separators.

It seems that "EditPlus", "Open With", and "UltraEdit-32" are taking the place of the separators but I don't know enough about how the context menu works to figure it out.

BTW, for anyone that's interested the "CAB-IN" and "CAB-OUT" items use "CABARC.EXE" & "MODIFYPE.EXE" run from a couple of VBS scripts made by "jdoe". I've attached the scripts & tools if anyone is interested.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

post-9255-1121208114_thumb.png

post-9255-1121208145_thumb.png

post-9255-1121208168_thumb.png