CMenu

MHz

definately great tool...

one suggestion I would like to see added though would be the ability to clip the name of the file, or clip the name with the path..

would definately save time adding new files to xplode...

thanks again for the tool!

I am unsure exactly, of the request? A good editor can help with clipping to suit, with search and replace, regular expressions etc. I have not used xplode... :blink:

Sorry for the confusion....the explode coment was there as an example of why I like this feature...

For example, say you are in an Explorer window and you have a file you want to add to your UAXPCD....usually you have to copy the path and then the file name seperately...but using a program called clipname you an copy them both with one click

the extention can be found here for a better clarification...Clipname

@bacd

I consider it possible to do names, full path and the 8.3 equivalents.

May have something soon. Also, have a look at Pathinformation, in the editor.

@redfive19

A very nice comment. Thankyou.

:)

Edited by MHz

Thanks totoymola,

I may have a new version, in a few days time, with helpfile improvements on using the editor. Maybe the copy to clipboard request. etc etc.

:)

MHz, Great program m8 :thumbup i know you are still developing it but would there be any way you could change your installer to one that would be possible to install silently

Recommendations:

This program is suited for OSes, 2000 and above.

I would not recommend for 64bit OSes.

As with a conflict of the dll used with this program and the ContextMenuExt.dll used in RyanVM's pack. I strongly suggest that they are both not used together. ContextMenuExt.dll should be unregistered before installing CMenu. This program has far more to offer. The final choice is up to you.

I've been running both of them together on three different computers. No problems. You sure that's where the conflict lies?

Or is it possible that they are conflicting, but not throwing up any errors?

I've been running both of them together on three different computers.  No problems. You sure that's where the conflict lies?

Or is it possible that they are conflicting, but not throwing up any errors?

A verbal warning of any conflict, will not be shown, unless it coded, to do so. Changes in the context menu, while using both, is enough notice for a possible conflict.

When a shell problem does happen, it will be Dr.Watson running in the background, doing a crashdump.

When you have 3 healthy systems, it maybe fine, but if some problem, lowers the defenses of your system, that is when any other problems, tend to surface.

The best way to answer this logically? Why have 2 DLLs to do the same task?

These are pictures of CMenu only. With the exact, same task:

post-26076-1118547301_thumb.png

post-26076-1118547357_thumb.png

This is a builtin feature of the DLL, that CMenu uses.

CMenu does the other DLLs task plus many more. The other DLL is 25% larger, then the CMExt.dll ???

I think my recommendation is a good one. I did not say you could not have both, but do strongly recommend not to.