CMenu

MHz

CMenu v2.6

Released 23 August, 2006

CMenu is a handy, context menu extension. Adds a branch to your context menu called More Options.

• Uses PEiD, which is able to recognize installer types, if available in it's the database. Identify Installer uses this information, and is able to popup a window to show parameters associated with that installer. Identify Installer can unpack, admin, record, silent installations, if available. And also create a template AutoIt Script, to suit.
  • Includes CMenu Editor. This allows further customizing.
  • Files can Execute With Parameters, optional working directory, and allowing for different window states.
  • Create a Directory List. Preset options are available, as well as a custom options.
  • Create an AutoIt Archive Script, that can be included into your main scripts. This allows AutoIt to act like an archiver.
  • Includes PEiD as a separate item also, which allows the user to enhanced, portable executable identification.
  • Filenames and paths can be easily sent to the windows clipboard, by using Path To ClipBoard.
  • Allows for the user to download and add Resource Hacker or Stud PE. These will be detected, if placed in the correct folder, and will be added to the context menu.
  • MyUninstaller is included in CMenu.
  • Force Delete is included in CMenu. Use this only, as required. When deleting multiple files, do not do anything, until the operation is complete. A msgbox will popup and will allow, not to proceed. Use at own risk.
  • AutoItMacroGenerator is included to handle recording of AutoIt install scripts.
  • Reg2Au3 quickly converts Regedit4 type registry files to AutoIt3 syntax.
  • Ini2Au3 quickly converts Ini files into AutoIt syntax.
  • Constants Generator retrieves the constants declarations that your AutoIt script only needs.
  • 7-Zip2Sfx for easily converting 7z archives to self extracting archives.

Preview of CMenu:

post-26076-1118559435_thumb.png

post-26076-1121414786_thumb.png

Identify Installer supercedes USSF for installer identification.

A little project, that I have been working on. Try it out, and see if it is useful for you. Any feedback on any bugs or compliments would be appreciated. :)

Enjoy B)

>>>>> CMenu Homepage <<<<<

>>>>> CMenu Download <<<<<

Edit:

Updated the download link.

Added link to CMenu homepage for more detailed information

Also consider SendToA3X which is like CMenu except it uses the builtin SendTo rather then a 3rd party shell extension.

Edited by MHz

definately great tool...

one suggestion I would like to see added though would be the ability to clip the name of the file, or clip the name with the path..

would definately save time adding new files to xplode...

thanks again for the tool!

Since installing I can no longer right click to open folder/files and dont have make option open files with notepad :(

That is not good at all.

Run this in your run box. It will unregister the context menu dll.

Regsvr32 /u "%ProgramFiles%\CMenu\CMExt.dll"

You may have a shell extention, that may conflict with it? Restarting explorer may also help, perhaps try restarting explorer first.

Are you running XP?

I'm about to do my monthly format as i have been testing a lot of software lately. You maybe be rigth about a confict, I will report the results asap :yes:

oh and yup XP Pro English

I'm about to do my monthly format  as i have been testing a lot of software lately. You maybe be rigth about a confict, I will report the results asap :yes:

oh and yup XP Pro English

You should be fine running it on XP Pro English. I have uploaded a new version. This uses the editor from the dll author. This editor will apply the initial registry entries, rather then CMenu. Perhaps safer? And as a bonus, makes the context menu, user configurable.

You should really test programs in Virtual PC or VMWare. Your OS will last longer.

I will always try to ensure that any programs that I release, are safe for use.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

MHz please do not apologize there really is no need :)..Since the format last night I have just installed Version 1.1. I now can right click to open folders but I still no longer have my right click to edit,print or open txt files .

Almost there :yes:

Edit I am using Ryanvm's latest update and he has the "copy/move to" and also "unlocker" shell extention maybe these are the cause of the conflict

Tested with

Unlocker

Copy To/Move To Context Menu Shell Extension

Font properties extension, version 2.1 (do you need this? unregister it otherwise, else excess baggage for the shell)

All test fine. Unless they were altered in the ryanvm pack?

Generally unstable context menu handling, would be a shell problem, whether extention or whatever. But the right click to edit, print or open text files, that could be more file association related. You do have Microsoft NotePad.exe still? Does the left click on text files work fine?

I have loaded all your tweaks. Unlocker, font shell thing, etc. Seem fine.

But...

Editing of text files is being lost from context menu when registering ContextMenuExt.dll (copy to\move to) and CMExt.dll (CMenu), at the same time. The edit does exist when one or the other is registered. So a choice may need to be made. CMenu can do what the other dll can do, it has copy to, move to, plus more. But you have ContextMenuExt.dll bound into a pack, which does little? You pick which one.

I believe this is the root cause, of the problem. A warning will be inserted on the 1st post, about this conflict of DLLs.

definately great tool...

one suggestion I would like to see added though would be the ability to clip the name of the file, or clip the name with the path..

would definately save time adding new files to xplode...

thanks again for the tool!

I am unsure exactly, of the request? A good editor can help with clipping to suit, with search and replace, regular expressions etc. I have not used xplode... :blink:

Wow, this is awesome. Love it.

Danke much. :)

;)