setting up folder views durning setup

after i install windows, i change my folder view.

i open up my computer

i choose "view status bar"

then choose "view icons"

then i go to tools\folder options

i choose "windows classic folders"

then i go to the view tab

and check everything under files and folders

i check show hidden files and folders

then i uncheck show file extensions.

then i click on "apply to all folders"

can this be done durning setup? and how?

thanks

I was looking for a similar fix a while ago. I made some changes to the views to show me all the file extensions and stuff. What I did was find out where the reg keys were that it changes for example HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

and find out the keys. I exported the registry right before I made the changes and then again right after and did a file compare. I then made a .reg file with the changes I wanted and put it in the $oem folder. I added a command in the run once in winnt.sif that looks like

REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\Applications\register.reg

. It has worked perfectlyfor me.

you can find some of those (show file extensions, show hidden files/folders, i think status bar, etc.) in this .reg file but you might have to do a little searching. Or i'm pretty sure Mike_Wilson put them in his program, which will generate a reg file for you here or if you want to do it yourself I recommend RegShot and InstallRite to monitor before & after changes. but like SilverHaze420 said some of them (like folder view=icons) you're better off just setting and exporting. Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

@SilverHaze420

The settings for folders are in '[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]' not in 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer'