Spybot 1.4 Final Silent Install

I tried using my switches from Spybot 1.3 which was /SILENT /SP- /NORESTART but I cannot figure out how to get Spybot 1.4 to not auto update. I tried /NOAUTOUPDATE and AUTOUPDATE=0. Can anyone clue me into all of the new switches in v1.4. Also just in general where can I find a list of general switches for each different kind of installer. I want to be able ot experiment with switches for different programs in the future before posting so If anyone knows of a good resource that lists almost all or at least teh most common switches for installers based on install shiled and innosetup, etc... will they pass a link my way. Thanks in advance.

I attempted to rebuild the Spybot 1.4 innosetup using innounp .16 but becasue the install is too advanced I cannot recompile the script once it is extracted. I could possibly use a taskkill or pskill command but there should be a way to use a switch to stop it from happening. Again is their a list of switches for the different kinds of setups and how can I view what switches are avaible usign an innosetup installer file. The /? and /help switchs don't work so I dont knoe any other way to view the avaiiable switches.

spybotsd14.exe /VERYSILENT

worked fine for me - no prompts or anything.

Maybe it didn't work for you, if you have not restarted after removing a previous version.

In the manual setup process, it detects that you have uninstalled but have not restarted the computer.

Just a thought.

Regards,

Nath.

I attempted to rebuild the Spybot 1.4 innosetup using innounp .16 but becasue the install is too advanced I cannot recompile the script once it is extracted. I could possibly use a taskkill or pskill command but there should be a way to use a switch to stop it from happening. Again is their a list of switches for the different kinds of setups and how can I view what switches are avaible usign an innosetup installer file. The /? and /help switchs don't work so I dont knoe any other way to view the avaiiable switches.

Try this script. It is preset for english, but can be changed for other languages. Some comments have been added for basic understanding. It can make your installer, up to 1Mb smaller.

No types or components, as you set the install conditions.

Spybot_1.4_install_script.iss

Am I doing something wrong as I get the following message:

" 'D' is not recognized as an internal or external command " and " 'Destroy' is not recognized as an internal or external command "

my script is:

start /wait %systemdrive%\packages\spybot\spybotsd14.exe /VERYSILENT

ECHO Spybot Search & Destroy 1.4 Installed!

ECHO.

what gives??

Am I doing something wrong as I get the following message:

" 'D' is not recognized as an internal or external command "    and " 'Destroy' is not recognized as an internal or external command "

my script is:

start /wait %systemdrive%\packages\spybot\spybotsd14.exe /VERYSILENT

ECHO Spybot Search & Destroy 1.4 Installed!

ECHO.

what gives??

Seems it is having a problem with a copy of some sort. Most likely something to do with Search & Destroy somewhere. Doesn't make sense for an installer to have that problem. Are you doing something else that might be related to spybot?

Seems it is having a problem with a copy of some sort.  Most likely something to do with Search & Destroy somewhere.  Doesn't make sense for an installer to have that problem.  Are you doing something else that might be related to spybot?

I don't know what is is... Everything else installs fine in my .bat file.

Here's a little more of the text it gives when I run my postinstal.bat :

** Installing Spybot Search & Destroy **

Spybot Search

'D' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

'Destroy' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

So I'm guessing Spybot itself has the problem and is trying to run or scan or something...