How to stay with MSN 6.2

army20

• 3 weeks later...

nothing works.

I'm always having this windows:

post-29668-1119361059_thumb.jpg

Please note that I'm trying to "rollback" to msn 6.2, after unistalling version 7, I run the installer for 6.2 but when i'm trying to connect it ask me to update.

I have not found anything in mess.be about this.

Edited by army20

I personally tried 7, didnt like it, and wanted to go back. I did a search on google, and I found it. I have the msn 6.2 installer on my HD, so if you want it, give us a PM and id be more than happy to send it to you mate!

I personally tried 7, didnt like it, and wanted to go back. I did a search on google, and I found it. I have the msn 6.2 installer on my HD, so if you want it, give us a PM and id be more than happy to send it to you mate!

That is not his problem. He wants to keep with 6.2 but without the update warning.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, i've been looking for a way to continue using older versions of messenger. I don't know of a way - it would be great though, I'm sick of having to download newer versions all the time, especially on dialup...

• 1 month later...

If I remember correctly, didn't Microsoft release a messenger 6.3 update that all 6.2 users had to update to? If you googled for messenger 6.3 you may be able to stay with 6.3. There is no real difference, it's just security holes being patched etc.