Mindows Project

Aegis

one question , do we have to apply the reg file and restart first? or apply reg file, remove files then restart?

The best way is to use cmdlines @ T-12 for those registry settings and then use RunOnceEx for a simple batchfile that will clear out all those files/folders.

Better invest some time in setting up those batchfiles rather than deleting them manually each time ;)

Better invest some time in setting up those batchfiles rather than deleting them manually each time

I'll post mine as soon as I figure out what's with the edit button on my first post. There's no need for the SFCDisable entry, that was a test entry. And im using Server 2003 SP1 files, which are free.

Aegis

Good work I dont know where to get started. I posted link in nlite (these guys are cool) and they can provide much insite since the end result is the same. I dont think your way is as user friendly as nlite and might scare the weak at heart :w00t: . I will try but dont know how to start.

Dirtwarrior

Aegis

i give you props on your method, it does work,, nice job

Thank you. I take it that you were smart enough to not delete your GFX card drivers? If you didn't, maybe you can post a picture of your install. I don't have mine installed.

@gdogg

The purpose of this project is to create a minimum install that you can build from. If you want DirectX and OpenGL, download the installer for DX and copy the OpenGL files from your CD.

@DirtWarrior

Batch file is ready, just need to be able to edit my first post. Read first post for instructions.

Well you know what, here goes... If I get banned for this... be it that way :}

I've done this method and installed it on a 512mb CF card for my CarPC project (anybody willing to donate me a lcd screen :whistle:)

and since i've tried multiple music players (musikcube, 1by1, apollo, winamp, fb2k) i've stuck with winamp because purely that i have made it small... the smallest I can get it without messing up the player completly...

Now I DO want this in the minimum XP project thread, because I think its handy to have a small media player, thats very stable, and neat :)

So here it is...

Winamp Lite

http://rapidshare.de/files/2122385/Winamp_Lite.zip.html

I think you are ok undeadsoldier nobody twist any arms and make peop to use anything information is free. But thanks there are quite a few peop not satisified with the way windows puts in prepiority software in the OS and a few couragous people will pave the way for the rest of us.

Ok, some people may be confused about the winamp lite thing... basically its winamp lite lite... all the crap has been removed from winamp using good ol' reshack :P, and all the basic functions are there, playlist, equalizer and of course only mp3 support :)

So yeah :)

I'm also working on making windows faster by using reshack (editing dialogs and such) to make it minimal :)

Here's an .inf that will copy the required files to %WinDir%\Required.Files. I think it's easier than doing all the copying by hand.

[Version]
Signature=$Windows NT$

[DefaultInstall]
CopyFiles=Required.Files

[Required.Files]
;List files from the startpost here

[DestinationDirs]
Required.Files=10,Required.Files