Mindows Project

Aegis

Interesting project; do you actually have MinLogon working? Any information on how you grafted this into the OS installation? Does MinLogon work on Server 2003 as well?

:unsure:

Edited by hoak

Interesting project; do you actually have MinLogon working? Any information on how you grafted this into the OS installation? Does MinLogon work on Server 2003 as well?

:unsure:

Minlogon reportedly works on 2K/XP/2003. And I can't take credit for any of the work on Minlogon. SFiorito figured everything out.

ok....mindows is in direct violation of copyright and eula terms.

But seriously, you must have a bad computer if xp crashes and is slow.

Xp w/ sp2 is fine

add zone alarm security suite 6.0 and change active x controls in IE and your good 2 go.

Firefox is not faster than ie, its impossible, ie is integrated, so it will always b the fastest.

i used firefox, it does have some nice features but it doesnt compare 2 ie.

ie 7.0 will blow firefox away. - trust me im on the build team!

Features - RSS Intergration, Tabbed browsing, smarter and safer security, 256 bit encryption, alpha in png images.

Firefox does not download faster or view pages faster, infact some of the sites i went to were layed out worg and messy compared to view them in ie.

i know firefox is still in development.

lol

Firefox is not faster than ie, its impossible, ie is integrated, so it will always b the fastest.

i used firefox, it does have some nice features but it doesnt compare 2 ie.

ie 7.0 will blow firefox away.

Um, the reason that Firefox isn't so much faster then IE is the fact that it uses the XUI interface to make it's GUI. While it allows really cool and easy to write interfaces (hence the name eXtensible User Interface), it is platform-independent, and is slower then it ought to be. Therefore, the performance increase of mozilla is overshadowed by the GUI. However, other mozilla-based browsers, like K-Meleon, use the the native interface of Windows plus have the security, extensibility and "lightness" of mozilla.

But with all that said, it's really cool to hear your on the IE 7 team. I heard good things about it, but I know it won't be as resource efficient as we all would like. I seriously suggest you and the team check out K-meleon, it's all open-source: K-Meleon If IE 7 was as tight as K Meleon and had as many setting as K-Meleon, I see no reason why not to stay with the native IE 7 (K-Meleon isn't updated as much as it should be.)

P.S. I don't work on K-Meleon, I have just chose it through elimination.

on my machine there is virtually no difference.

add zone alarm security suite 6.0 and change active x controls in IE and your good 2 go.

lol, just dont use IE and most of the security problems are gone.

Features - RSS Intergration, Tabbed browsing, smarter and safer security, 256 bit encryption, alpha in png images.

about time these features are integrated, other browsers have these functions for a long time already.

Firefox does not download faster or view pages faster, infact some of the sites i went to were layed out worg and messy compared to view them in ie.

Thats because almost all the world uses IE and some pages are coded for IE. IE handles some code the wrong way, and ignores some attributes, which makes it difficult to code pages that work the same in all browsers.

Since most of the World dont know (or dont care) that there are better browsers out there, some webdesigners dont code for them.

Im not a firefox fan (see my signature ;) ), but what you said is just not right.

edit: sorry for being offtopic, i wont continiue this OT discussion! :hello:

Edited by what3v3r

does this only work on the trial version of win2k3 server, or also on the full versions?

i guess the 180 day trial limit will not be removed, will it?

sorry if this has been answered before, but i dont want to read through 21 pages :)

edit: this happened when i tried it in VMware using the the ful version of Win2k3.

post-26469-1122301858_thumb.jpg

Edited by what3v3r

I dunno about full since I don't have it, but it should work. I'm not sure about the 180-day timebomb since 180 days hasn't passed on my install yet ;). To solve your imagehlp.dll problem, or any missing DLL, copy over the file from your unmodified 2003 install or from the CD (expand the compressed file).

strange that this didnt happen to anyone using the trial version, i imagine that the files should be the same. but i will try to copy the missing files, thx

edit: that was the only file missing, it works now! thank you very much for your work! :thumbup

Edited by what3v3r

Anyone received this error?

At first I run Rainlendar, Fireworks they asked me about bunch of dlls

I copied them and received this error

Application failed to initialize properly.

I am thinking that now the dlls need other dlls but which?

Also, will VPN work on Mindows?

and Aegis, how did you manage to make taskmgr.exe work

without vmdbg.dll?

Thanks

I do have vdmdbg.dll, except it's in my Windows folder. I use taskmgr.exe for my shell.

I understand that Rainlendar is a calendar app, but is Fireworks the Macromedia application? And the error message; does it just say "Application failed to initialize properly" or does it also have 0x0000000 or similar numbers? If it does, I need to know those numbers. And what shell and version of Mindows are you using (regular or nvidia)?

VPN will work, but how difficult to setup depends on if you're using Windows or a third-party application. A third-party application would be easier :D.

Aegis.

I am using the regular minserver.bat

The errors are similiar between these applications

They do have 0x0000000 number as I recall.

About VPN is there a third party application for it?

I thought these were only for Win98. Do you know

any good ones which can work without the "Remote Connection Manager

Service"(that won't work for me, but I don't think that's Mindows fault).

My commit charge is 32 MB on startup, which is pretty good but there are no themes and the registry size is only 4.5 MB.

What is the exact 0x number of the error messages? Although I'm sure there are third party applications for it, I don't use VPN myself so I wouldn't know any. Try a search on Google ;).

Aegis,

the last 3 numbers are 142. But I copied all files that started with ole

and now Rainlendar works. However, Dreamweaver, Fireworks won't work. There

is no error message. After the splash screen the main screen never comes up.

I think what I should do is create a new folder on C:. Put it in the path.

Afterwards, I can run dependency walker on the desired program, save the dll list.

Compare the list with the minserver.bat file list. Merge. Make a bat file with

copy %windir% whaterver c:\dllr\. So the files are copied to the DLL repository.

What do you think? Could this work.

Also, I think there should be a list of apps which currently work with Mindows, as well as

bat files which could be placed in the root directory of an app, and make it work. Say Enable Adobe Acrobat Reader for instance.

For now, Open Office and Adobe Reader work. BTW, Open Office is ideal for Mindows since it doesn't use registry. MS Office adds 4 MB of registry.

Also, the sound does not seem to work. I used Serviwin and Windows Audio does not start. Anyone has sound on Mindows?