Mindows Project

Aegis

im using this program called xp system builder, it uses the xp embedded database to remove more compents from an xp install before you install windows,  i know this is off topic, but, maybe there are more things you can remove?

i have 29MB commit change, with themes and well everything needed for games, and 32 bit colour

im not gonna post links here to this off topic thing, cause it wouldn't be fair.

if you think it could help, just pm me

Is this part of the "Windows OEM Preinstallation Kit"?

I have a cd from where I work, as they've been getting multiple copies, and throwing them out in the trash.

If this is indeed the app you speak of, I'm currently installing it just to fool around with it... if it's a possibility to create a nice, simple WinXP with minimal memory usage, I'm all for it.

PM me with details, if possible. ;)

:yes: no malware theres a project thats overdue .

As impossible as it may seem, I think I actually have an idea. All EXEs and DLLs contain registry information in them. Also included is a default value. Windows reads the registry database for any modified values and uses those instead. If I could somehow remove or modify all of the keys and values used by malware, or lock them similar to the XP SP2 connection limit, then most, if not all, of the threats would be removed.

It is possible to do this, but reverse engineering a DLL or EXE and then patching it is beyond my skills. Even if I was capable of doing it, there are still way too many keys and values. So I'm wondering if anyone knows a tool that does the above tasks, or if it doesn't exist, create one for me?

Edited by Aegis

:yes: true enuff the only thing that makes surfing a drag is malware sure xp sp2 helps alot but putting the interenet zones on high and disables active x scripts etc from loading behind the scences and adding known sites famous for spyware to a host file is cool but to be able to surf without running more programs to stop protect us from spyware is a drag u got spybot anti virus etc etc im p***ed why must my startup have more proggies for malware than operating dlls lol if one cant built something at lleast make a bat file that like enough is enough programs but better .iam on the sidelines maybe this will spark devoplement of a idea 4 such a project .

So, I dont know if this is a relevant question or not, but for the members who are invited to participate in the beta, how exactly is the distribution of the binaries going to take place? Or would it be like a step by step guide of what to do...and materials needed and be a secure link....and beta testers would then go ahead with the project...building it from scratch...running it, reporting bugs and so on...? Thanks fellas.

Count me in :D

Making windows minimal as much as I can is important for me, more music can fit on my 1GB CM card :D hehe..

I'm in the process of removing redundant (i think i spelt that right) registry entries :)