Mindows Project

Aegis

I'm not too sure on either of them since Windows XP does ship with 10,000+ components...But the obvious remaining ones are:

-Minlogon

-Windows Shell

-TCP\IP

-DCOM

-Task Manager

-DHCP Service

-Kernel

-Visual C/C++ Runtimes

-WinSock

-Notepad

-ODBC

-OLE

-RPC

-Side by Side

Edited by Aegis

And so using any files from that OS for anything other than evaluation or using for more than 60 days), would be a breach of EULA and illegal, right?

Not trying to bust your chops, just saying if you want to help others get a small XP, keep it XP, you know KISS.

PS You would have to own embedded to use minlogon legally also wouldnt you?

And so using any files from that OS for anything other than evaluation or using for more than 60 days), would be a breach of EULA and illegal, right?

Not trying to bust your chops, just saying if you want to help others get a small XP, keep it XP, you know KISS.

from what I have seen it's not specified in the EULA anywhere that u must evaluate the WHOLE os and not just parts of it...because evaluating is just what I do when slamming together those files..evaluating for my purposes.

But when going from that to get it out from that VPC environment ur bound to hit some patrol... :whistle:

As for minilogon I don't use it, I loose to much functionality...

But in the end of the day ur right ofcourse, XP is what the majority uses here so it will for sure be most benefitial to other members if we all stick to that.

..will not stop me "developing" both in parallell though, 2003 is just to darn spankin' good and easily scalable to be left alone ;)

from what I have seen it's not specified in the EULA anywhere that u must evaluate the WHOLE os and not just parts of it...because evaluating is just what I do when slamming together those files..evaluating for my purposes.

But when going from that to get it out from that VPC environment ur bound to hit some patrol... :whistle:

As for minilogon I don't use it, I loose to much functionality...

But in the end of the day ur right ofcourse, XP is what the majority uses here so it will for sure be most benefitial to other members if we all stick to that.

..will not stop me "developing" both in parallell though, 2003 is just to darn spankin' good and easily scalable to be left alone ;)

I enjoy playing the same game with my OS'es. And yes 2k3 is just too good to not be an attention getter.

I believe there are 180 day trials for 2k3 and whats the problem if a person say 'uninstalls' and 're-installs'. Another 180 days, maybe?

If you read all the fine print that M$ has scattered everywhere. You are breaking the license of Windows XP by removing or adding anything to the OS that has not gotten the nod from some god on Olympus, or is it Redmond.

I believe if they wanted that would even include uxtheme patcher kinda stuff.

Remember this is the company that last summer prosecuted a kid from Ohio because he sold his own store bought copy of Office on Ebay. He bought it and found out he didn't need it and tried to return it, unopened. The store refused to accept it. He then tried to return it to M$ and they also refused. So he sold it and they sued him on the principal that they actually own the software and they and their licensed resellers are the only ones allowed to sell it. By his sale of his copy on Ebay their logic came to the fact that he deprived M$ of that sale.

M$ lost with a serious tongue lashing from the judge for tying up the US court system with such a stupid lawsuit.

oh well since we r goin public on this s***

some of u may no me, n some of us dont. but me and jeremy have also been busy with this stuff. if u run nLite, it removes services but has left overs.. jeremy was busy with all the files, I just made a list of service leftovers. dont know if u have any stuff from my list in ur list.. but here they r:

These files belong to services and are in system32, if they arent there, its specified like this: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sr.sys

*note, dont think why did nuhi removed these files, he probably did first, but because users got problems, he figured some files r needed by more services.. thats why we need nLite.. it speeds up, but doesnt give u errors :) these things may give u errors (ofcourse he may have forgotten some :P)

Component: Computer Browser Service (disable first n reboot)

browser.dll

(save to delete if u never browse the network, if ur in a network u can still browse the internet)

Component: Distributed Link Tracking Client (remove first with nLite)

dfsshlex.dll

(save to delete when u remove this component from nLite, afaik it only belongs to this component)

Component: Http SSL Service (disable first n reboot)

w3ssl.dll 15.5KB

(save to delete if u never make SSL connections, if u dont know wot it is, I'm 99% sure u can delete it)

Component: Indexing Service (remove first with nLite)

cic.dll 107KB

(save to delete when u remove this component from nLite, afaik it only belongs to this component)

Component: Netmeeting Remote Desktop Sharing (remove first with nLite)

msh263.drv 288KB

Component: Network DDE (remove first with nLite)

ddeml.dll 38.5 KB

Component: Network Provisioning Service (disable first n reboot)

xmlprov.dll 126 KB

xmlprovi.dll 49 KB

(save to delete if u dont operate in a compony network i guess, if u dont know wot it is, I'm 99% sure u can delete it)

Component: Performance Logs and Alerts (remove first with nLite)

loadperf.dll 95 KB

perfctrs.dll 39 KB

perfc009.dat 28.8 KB

perfd009.dat 27.9 KB

perfh009.dat 269 KB

perfi009.dat 265 KB

perfnet.dll 16.5 KB

prflbmsg.dll 16 KB

PerfStringBackup.INI 297 KB

Component: Printer Spooler (disable first n reboot)

htui.dll 41 KB

icm32.dll 248 KB

icmui.dll 53 KB

localspl.dll 333 KB

spoolss.dll 73 KB

spoolsv.exe 56,5 KB

win32spl.dll 99.5 KB

winspool.drv 143 KB (disable this driver first with nLite)

Delete this directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool

(save to delete when u remove this component from nLite "printer support", afaik it only belongs to this component)

Component: Protected Storage (disable first n reboot)

psbase.dll 94.5 KB

pstorec.dll 42.5 KB

pstorsvc.dll 33.5

(save to delete if u dont use outlook express or internet explorer, it stores passwords for them, if u disable it, u have to type passwords every time. Use firefox and thunderbird and delete them is my recommendation)

Component: QoS RSVP (disable first n reboot)

rsvpsp.dll 88 KB

Component: Remote Access Connection Manager (disable first n reboot)

rasauto.dll 87 KB

raschap.dll 68 KB

rasctrnm.h 1.77 KB

rasctrs.dll 11.5 KB

rasctrs.ini 3.37 KB

rasmans.dll 170 KB

rasppp.dll 201 KB

rasrad.dll 23 KB

rasser.dll 12.5 KB

rastapi.dll 57.5 KB

(save to delete if u dont operate in a compony network i guess, if u dont know wot it is, I'm 99% sure u can delete it ;))

Component: Secondary Logon (disable first n reboot)

sclgntfy.dll 20.5 KB

Component: Smart Card (disable first n reboot)

scarddlg.dll 68 KB

Component: Server Service (disable first n reboot)

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\srv.sys 328 KB

srvsvc.dll 94.5 KB

(save to delete if u never browse or share in the network, if ur in a network u can still browse the internet)

Component: Telephony (disable first n reboot)

tapi3.dll 838 KB

tapiperf.dll 5.5 KB

tapisrv.dll 240 KB

tapiui.dll 77 KB

termmgr.dll 350 KB

tcmsetup.exe 12 KB

telephon.cpl 27.5 KB

Component: Volume Shadow Copy (disable first n reboot)

vssapi.dll 420 KB

Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)

ipsecsvc.dll 178 KB

Wireless Zero Configuration (disable first n reboot)

*wzcdlg.dll 369kb

(save to delete when u remove this component from nLite, afaik it only belongs to this component

*regardless of my first huge file list, this is the only file left for WZC, those others belong to LAN not WZC!

Stupid Files:

MS Web DVD module: mswebdvd.dll 199 KB

It allowes playin directly of DVD's on website now if I know my stuff.. I think u need at least a VERY steady 3 or 4mbit i-net connection, and even then.. internet sends in packets, its not really a stream.. u have to buffer as well.. no way possible yet.

we also made a directory list with folders u can remove after u run nLite, most credit goes to jeremy with this one, as I only dotted some i's n made a few adjustments.

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\windows\addins\

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\windows\AppPatch\

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\windows\Config\

RD /S /Q "%systemdrive%\windows\Connection Wizard\"

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\windows\Cursors\

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\windows\Debug\UserMode\

RD /S /Q "%systemdrive%\windows\Downloaded Program Files"

RD /S /Q "%systemdrive%\windows\Driver Cache\"

RD /S /Q "%systemdrive%\windows\ehome

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\windows\Help\

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\windows\ime\

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\windows\java\