• Dell
    • Hp
    • Toshiba
    • emachines
    • acer
    • sony
    • Other (What?)

Dell? :lol:

Yeah.. I voted other.. build it yourself.. I think unless it cost more then $2,000 (maybe more) I wouldnt touch a dell.. Everything below that $$$ is soooooooo lame.

Then, for $2,000+, oh, the machines I can/could build custom.

Update:

BTW, $2,000.. not counting a junky Dell/Lexmark freebie printer or a cheap little monitor. I cant see buying a machine with either of these "included" as a "special bonus". :rolleyes:

Edited by bilemke

Dell seems to be the manufacture 'we' have the least problem with (we have about 4000 PC's in total).

BUT......................

You are better off building your own :thumbup ............most manufacturers PC's have celeron chips or shared video memory, slow RAM chips etc so the 'plebs' think they are getting a v. cheap computer. :no:

• 3 weeks later...

First off all,all computer companies put there name on the computer when they realy dont build anything them selves,accept for HP.

Dell is trying to take Hp on in the printer business,when lexmark is biulding there printers for them,Hp is the #1 and the largest printer Manufacturer in the world.Dell will never be able to take on HP know matter how much they realy want to.

Sorry Dell never going to happen.

But i do agree with building your own is better.

Build your own!

Although tonight i had a bit of a intense experience... :(

My old motherboard got killed, SATA header just pulled out of the mobo and one IDE just decided to fry itself and the BIOS acted "funny", all within 2 weeks. So company gave me a new motherboard, and as I was swopping the CPU it fell and some pins bent. Righted them and installed no problem, put on power ... nothing. Oh oh. Try again, nothing. Try again. Nothing. Pray. Try again, perfect. Wierd :P

Build own is best, especially in this country (ZA). Pre-build is VERY expensive.

Edited by eleventhcmd

For Business: IBM - reliable, stable product lines (for standardization), good support, reasonable price

For personal: 1st choice - build my own!

2nd choice - Alienware or Falcon Northwest - pricey, but about as good as you're going to get for pre-built gaming systems (really only if I couldn't build or support it myself)

The best pc builder? Well that's obivious youself or in my case, ME!

I'm building a:

AMD Athlon 64 3500+

OCZ 1 GB (2x512 mb) DDR 400

Venus 12 Volcano heatsink/fan

MSI K8N Neo4 Platnium Edition

Ultra X-Connect 500W ATX PS

B)