Which OS is better?  

657 members have voted

1. 1. Which OS is better?

• Windows Xp Home
    • Windows Xp Pro
    • Windows Server 2003
    • Windows Media Edition
    • Windows Xp Pro 64bit Edition

I will go with XP 64 since it is based on Windows 2003 SP1 and also is 64 bit capable. So it is practically the best of both worlds. The only problem I see is that not every one has 64 bit processors and not all manufacturers have relased 64 bit software. But that will change with the upcoming Vista which will have a 64 bit flavor. I think at that time a wise upgrade from 32 bit XP would be to 64 bit XP while MS works out all the kinks in Vista.

Vista is the regular OS and the Longhorn is the server OS. Vista nad Longhorn are based on wind 2k3 SP1 as is XP 64 bit.

"my apple is better than your orange!"

"oh yeah? well, my cherries are better than your grapes!"

or..something like that :P

I voted for xp pro 64 bit, as it will be my choice when I upgrade to 64 bit, and currently use xp pro 32 bit. 2003 is fine and all, but, as previously stated hundreds of times, it was designed to work in a server environment. yes, you can turn it into a "workstation", but it's honestly not worth the time/money/effort to click on the torrent link (no one in thier right mind will pay $800 for a limited version of an os that does lack driver support, to try to use it as a normal consumer os).

all in all, this is a pointless thread that should be locked.

I quoted suryad because his post is informative. no other reason :P lol

It really depends on what ther person is useing it for.

u kno...

Xp Home for home users

Xp Pro for businesses/many users

Windows Server for people who use a server

Media for the extreem TV/Video watches

and Windows Xp Pro 64bit Edition for geeks :lol: Just kidding of course! cuz i'm a geek too :D

Edited by wolf7448

I've tried XP Pro, Home and MCE 2005 and also 2k3. I have to say I personally prefer XP over 2k3 mainly because it's more user-oriented but I aint arguing 2k3 runs better because it does.

Have to say the latest builds of Vista are really looking good now, actually becoming reliable too!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I also found Windows Server 2003 quite reliable as well. And its faster than Windows XP as well. Recently downloaded the evaluation version off from the Microsoft website, and I found it was excellent.

Is it really a 180 day version? I don't see a time limit on it. Please explain?

I also found Windows Server 2003 quite reliable as well. And its faster than Windows XP as well. Recently downloaded the evaluation version off from the Microsoft website, and I found it was excellent.

After 180 days you will get a warning that you cannot login anymore

You are a funny man. Did you seriously think you could download Windows for free? Just because you don't see a big clock on your screen ticking down doesn't change a thing.

PS: 2003 is a great OS and I use to run it on my developer laptop at my last job. The only catch is that sometimes you have to enabled compatibility on some driver/applications installs because the coders explicity checked for "2000 or XP" which was sloppy.