Can't find NTLDR

gamehead200

sounds like u missing to boot from cd, that message is common when u try to boot from a non-system disk or a damaged boot...wich could have happened if u have fondled around with any Linuxrelated stuff on it..or it's just a matter of checking ur bios for boot-device/priority.

@gamehead200:

U using one of your unattended/custom CD's? If so, try your original copy of XP - maybe the laptop is fussy booting from a cd-r/rw

(seen it before before someone flames me lol :P )

Regards,

N.

If you got NLite and .NET Framework installed you can do the bootable CD without problems,another way to do this is with Nero 6.6 or about it.

I got the same problem, but i get this error when i try to make a WinXPSP25 in 1 CD,if you want to help me i send you the version of nero cracked ,you just got to send this messaje for everyone you can,the point is "I want to make a collection of winxp with all actualizated archieves:WinXPSP2 Pro,Home,Pro Corp,and upgrades to any SO of microsoft".

This proyect was done by Mr. Black that made a cd(700MB) with all xp and win 98 in languajes:Spanish,Portuguesse and English.

Thanks for reading this,i'm sorry if my answer was not what you want.

Its just this laptop that it happens with.

I can boot Knoppix.

I just booted a Windows 98 CD (I made the CD bootable) and I was able to install it fine.

I'm using an nLited CD. As I mentioned before, I tried my nLited Windows 2000 CD and it gave me the same message. Both CDs WORK on other computers. I also tried other XP CDs, and none of them work. :(

I guess its just the laptop. After all, it is about 10 years old. :rolleyes: (Pssst... I've installed XP on an 8 year laptop and a 233 without a problem. ;))

nospek, please do not talk about pirated software at MSFN. It is against the rules.

nospek - remove your comments on pirated software/warez pls.

I know mate... it must have a floppy drive then right? you could make up the set of XP SP2 boot disks for it then I'd wager ;)

http://www.bootdisk.com/ was a good choice - but alas, you have to donate a whole $4 lol to access the files but i think they were on there.

MS site should have them - ahh - found them:

XP SP2:

Pro - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

Home - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

Yep - surprising what XP will work on hehe :)

Let me know if that works for ya.

Regards,

N.

• 2 months later...