Partition with RIS

Hi guys,

i build a Unattended DVD of windows XP with some softwares in it.. then i transfer my DVD to my RIS server..

When i use the DVD, on the text setup portion, it ask me how to setup my partition and that is ok... The problem is on my RIS.. when i install from network boot.. it doesn't ask me how i want to setup my partition.. and this is very important for me..

In my sif i got

[Data]

AutoPartion=o

[unattended]

FileSystem=*

thx

In my sif i got

[Data]

AutoPartion=o

thx

AutoPartion=o

should be

AutoPartition=0

I don't have access to my RIS server at the moment, so I can't tell you for sure, but it works for me. RIS does not read the .sif files from the I386 folder but from a different location. Be sure to update that one, too.

[Data]AutoPartion=o

sry this was a mis-typo from me when i did this post... its already set as AutoPartition=0

as for the sif, RIS using the one in the template folder inside I386 on RIS server.. and this is where my sif file is...

thx again

Checked my settings on the RIS server yesterday, and they are identical to yours, so there's no use posting them. Strange, because when I RIS a machine, I get the option do delete partions, format, etc.

You don't need the autopartion line in the [Data] section. All you need are these two lines:

[RemoteInstall]
Repartition=No
UseWholeDisk=No

This will pause the RIS install so that you have to manually create the partition. I've used this on machines with no partitions as well as multiple existing partitions and it works every time.

• 9 months later...

Salut,

one point for me is also searching for a solution where I can get a client with formated partitions, e.g.

C:\ (system)

D:\ (programs)

E:\ (data)

into a RIS-installation. I have to use at first a formating tool, create ntfs partitions to use later the Unattended/RIS installation.

If I'm trying something like this (http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=40685) I can partitionize, but not format each partition, so that the installation must get failed.

Regards, e2e4