ATI Nightmares

fireball1974

Driverpacks identified the card.... YIPEE!

Driverpacks did not install the card... BOOOOO!

Same problem as before, access is denied.

Am considering replacing the chair in my home office with a spike and intermitently beating my legs and chest with the large branch of a birch tree. Have decided it would be a less painful and faster death than trying to re-install these drivers :P !!!!!!

Not sure if there is anything else you can suggest? but still hopefull!

Thx again for all your help and time so far...

You have to install the new driver onto a "fresh-system" - no other ati divers installed before. So format your c: and install windows again.

If that is too hard for you, you can try the tool "Driver Genius Professionnal"(by Mydrivers http://www.driver-soft.com/ ) to remove old reg entries in system "ControllSet", then try again.

Edited by htc

hi htc, thanks for posting - it's not hard for me to do a fresh install, but that really is no different to me shoving in my sys recovery disk that came with the machine. I was really hoping that there would be another way, yes all my stuffs backed up, yes I have 80% of the software to reload back on but man it's a really bum way of getting the display drivers working...

I realise this may have been the wrong place to post the message and I really do appreciate you all helping me out but I'm determined to figure out another way to do this (do we really have to resort to wiping systems bare?!?)...

go to driverheaven and d/l the graphic driver cleaner. Run that and also make sure to redo the atrribs on the windows folder, ensure that as much of the content in the Windows folder is not set to Read Only and check the permissions, deleting any profiles called OWNER that you might see. Clean both the temp in Windows and the temp for your account. Reboot and reinstall Omega's w/o 9550 mod and the general opengl option. With luck, that may fix it.

Edited by LiquidSage

After reading the last two posts I have a feeling that you didnot read/understand my post correctly. But I dont have the time to explain it much detailed. Just a last try:

1) fresh installed windows != (not equl to) restore a recovery image - If you dont know why, then you are not qualified to understand and follow my 2nd suggestion.

2) please take attention to my second suggestion.

3) use only the ati-original crystal drive, not the omega rebuild, witch dose not have the WHQL signiture and at lease 2-3 monthes old than the original ati driver.

4) further more, the omega driver may have many, many and many many bugs, the rebuilder have not tested the driver on all the graphic cards. A mistake is:

Radeon 9550 CANNOT be classified to Radeon 9500 seriens, it must be classified to Radeon 9600 seriens.

LiquidSage - FANTASTIC... a master you are indeed, many thanks it worked perfectly :thumbup

htc - I'm not going to rise to your taunt I'm fully aware of the difference between a fresh install and a recovery image, I was simply looking for an alternative solution.

Please don't burden yourself with another response to this post, your obviously far too busy, important or it just may be possible that your head has finally lodged itself so far up your own arse your eyes can no longer see the keyboard.

Out of courtesy to newbies who may not be as familiar with these steps and processes I can only recommend you do not post suggestions to us inferior, plankton, pond like scum.

(oh dear, I did rise... never mind!)

Many thanks again to LiquidSage and Bashrat for being true embassadors for this forum.

:P:D;)

The Facts:

1) all what I said about the technical facts are true and correct.

2) I've never made weird messages(someting worked not, but works already, will bot good work... etc) like someone made, I post only technical impeccable, flawless and more advanced suggestions and instructions.

3) I'm sure my posts do help(be informative) many people, incl. you and the most "true embassadors" of this forum.

Edited by htc