Multiboot WinXP 64-Bits & 2003 Server SP1

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.msfn.org/staff/Alanoll/SETUPLDR.BIN

http://www.msfn.org/staff/Alanoll/ST3R.DAT

For those still interested. Those are two files taken from a complete AIO with Win2k3SP1 32bit and 64bit. These are specifically from the 32bit os

??? :blink:

I need some clarification... what can we do with those files?

Here's what i do know about those files, versus the standard ones that come from a slipstreamed SP1 source...

the SETUPLDR.BIN file is DRASTICALLY different. I'm not entirely sure if it's the old one or not, all I did was a HEX compare of the one linked and one taken from the Win2k3SP1 distro.

the SETUPLDR.BIN is taken from a WORKING AIO DVD with multiple copies of Windows 2003 SP1 32bit AND 64bit working correctly. Heck, the folder used in the linked SETUPLDR.BIN is EN3R i believe.

Here's what i do know about those files, versus the standard ones that come from a slipstreamed SP1 source...

the SETUPLDR.BIN file is DRASTICALLY different. I'm not entirely sure if it's the old one or not, all I did was a HEX compare of the one linked and one taken from the Win2k3SP1 distro.

the SETUPLDR.BIN is taken from a WORKING AIO DVD with multiple copies of Windows 2003 SP1 32bit AND 64bit working correctly. Heck, the folder used in the linked SETUPLDR.BIN is EN3R i believe.

Are you sure it's EN3R?

By looking at it in a hex editor it looks like it refers to ST3R. Like the dat file you posted.

I think the file you posted is a setupldr.bin file from an original 2k3 disk not a sp1 setupldr.bin.

Because the one you posted is 273KB which is the same size as an original.

The SP1 version is 292KB.

I also opened an original and the one you posted and they are the same.

So in the 64 bit version it looks like certain instances of AMD64 are changed to STR64. Also I386 is changed to ST6R. So in the 64 bit versions we have to change those same instances of AMD64 and I386 right? The I386 portion... does it need to follow the same pattern? STR64=ST6R APT64=AP6T?

Or am I looking at it all wrong? I want to start playing around with this... but I need a version of VMWare that can do 64bit stuff. :(

So in the 64 bit version it looks like certain instances of AMD64 are changed to STR64. Also I386 is changed to ST6R.  So in the 64 bit versions we have to change those same instances of AMD64 and I386 right?  The I386 portion... does it need to follow the same pattern? STR64=ST6R  APT64=AP6T?

Or am I looking at it all wrong?  I want to start playing around with this... but I need a version of VMWare that can do 64bit stuff. :(

From what I see for directory structures on the disc, there really isn't a pattern....I attached the DIR output to this post so you can see.

But be aware, I did a hex compare of both of the SETUPLDR.BIN files I posted, and they're exactly the same for 32bit and 64bit. Now I don't remember there being AMD64 support in the original SETUPLDR.BIN file...

root.txt

OK so for 64 bit versions of windows we need to do probably these steps:

• Create "AIO-DVD\SETUP\XYZ\"
  • Copy the entire cd to the XYZ folder
  • Create "AIO-DVD\ABCD\"
  • Create "AIO-DVD\EFGHI\"
  • Copy all files (or only those needed) from "AIO-DVD\SETUP\XYZ\I386\" to "AIO-DVD\ABCD\"
  • Copy all files (or only those needed) from "AIO-DVD\SETUP\XYZ\AMD64\" to "AIO-DVD\EFGHI\"
  • Take the original setupldr.bin of win2003 32bit with no sp1, replace all instances of "I386" with "ABCD", replace "\AMD64" with "\EFGHI" and "AMD64\" with "EFGHI\" and save it in "AIO-DVD\ABCD\"
  • Take the regular boot sector file, replace "I386" with "ABCD" and save it as "ABCD.BIN" in "AIO-DVD\"
  • Copy "WIN51" and "WIN51??" from "AIO-DVD\SETUP\XYZ\" to "AIO-DVD\"
  • Edit "AIO-DVD\EFGHI\TXTSETUP.SIF" and change SetupSourcePath = "\" to SetupSourcePath = "\SETUP\XYZ\"

Alanoll can you please "dir /s/b" every folder matching ABCD, EFGHI in the cd you have so we can see which are the "only those needed files" mentioned above? Also please compare "\ROOT\XYZ\I386\" to "\ABCD\" and "\ROOT\XYZ\AMD64\" to "AIO-DVD\EFGHI\" with a program like Beyond Compare (doing binary comparison and not datetime,size comparison) to make sure that only setupldr.bin and txtsetup.sif are modified.

I think there is a solution for setupldr.bin

Microsoft has release Windows 2003 SBS on a DVD.

I have this disc without SP1.

On this disc, there are 5 folders:

CD1 to CD4 and a BOOT folder.

When you insert the disc, it boots on this BOOT folder.

If somebody can publish setupldr.bin of Windows 2003 SBS with SP1 from the DVD, we'll have the solution.

Another solution more convivial : create a DVD with WinPE and install other Microsoft product from WinPE.

So we'll not need to edit setupldr.bin.

ok, geitonaki, i tried what you said and it didnt work. i received a 'kernel stack fault' error in VMware which caused it to reset. i followed your instructions (i changed the place holder letters to actual ones). the only thing was that i wasnt 100% sure if the setupldr.bin file was from a windows 2003 cd without sp1. i cant remember if i slipstreamed sp1 in my windows 2003 server cd... here are your instructions that i followed with actual folder names...

• Create "AIO-DVD\SETUP\XP64\"

• Copy the entire cd to the XP64 folder

• Create "AIO-DVD\MW64\"

• Create "AIO-DVD\PR64\"

• Copy all files (or only those needed) from "AIO-DVD\SETUP\ XP64\I386\" to "AIO-DVD\MW64\"

• Copy all files (or only those needed) from "AIO-DVD\SETUP\XP64\AMD64\" to "AIO-DVD\PR64\"

• Take the original setupldr.bin of win2003 32bit with no sp1, replace all instances of "I386" with "MW64", replace "\AMD64" with "\PR64" and "AMD64\" with "PR64\" and save it in "AIO-DVD\MW64\"

• Take the regular boot sector file, replace "I386" with "MW64" and save it as "MW64.BIN" in "AIO-DVD\"

• Copy "WIN51" and "WIN51AP" from "AIO-DVD\SETUP\XP64\" to "AIO-DVD\"

• Edit "AIO-DVD\PR64\TXTSETUP.SIF" and change SetupSourcePath = "\" to SetupSourcePath = "\SETUP\XP64\"

any ideas anyone?