Multiboot WinXP 64-Bits & 2003 Server SP1

hmmm, i trust your instincts...but I would use a hex editor to do this...if it were me...there are free ones out there that work wonders...hhdsoftware has a great one that I use...never caused problems...I just dont see how some combos work and others dont...especially if your keeping the same characters and only 4 of them...just seems weird to me.

@Hulk

Did you test this with XP Pro x64 or with Server 2k3 SP1? I ask because I tried various combinations (including those two you said were the only ones you got to work) and still got the ntldr is corrupt message. I may need to try copying the AMD64 directory to the root of the drive. Have to wait and see.

I ran my tests using WinPE, trying to make a multi-boot CD with the following:

WinPE x86

WinPE x64

BartPE w\ XPE x86

I used the only two allowed renamed folders of i683 and 83i6 for the x86 versions. Both of these worked great, no problems at all.

On the x64 version however, I renamed AMD64 to DMA64 and I didn't see the corupt NTLDR error message (which in and of itself looks promising). But I did get this error message on boot:

"The entry "ntoskrnl.exe" in the [sourceDisksFiles] section of the INF file is corrupt or missing.

Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit."

I tried editing the txtsetup.sif file in the dma64 folder, changing the "\amd64" entries under the [sourceDisksNames.amd64] section to "\dma64". But that didn't work.

for win 2003 sp1 should i replace 7 occurences (five i386 and two I386) or only i386 occurences?

I replaced all 7, if it was a lowercase "i", then I replaced it with LC, and if it was uppercase, I replaced it with UC. Didn't test if it was really required or not.

for win 2003 sp1 should i replace 7 occurences (five i386 and two I386) or only i386 occurences?

I replaced all 7, if it was a lowercase "i", then I replaced it with LC, and if it was uppercase, I replaced it with UC. Didn't test if it was really required or not.

Same thing for me...

Hello Guys,

@Incroyable HULK

@evilvoice

Hello friend :hello: , missing you.

@Jazkal

Try to reverse the last 3 chars of AMD64 not the firsr ones, and let me know about your results as I'm unable to test.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on this thread looking for a better solution form a smarter one.

Best regards,

TheTruth

http://www.geocities.com/pierremounir/

@Jazkal

What about reversing 4 chars.

Also, make sure you don't replace "Architecture" entry in txtsetup.sif

I mean replace all ocurrences except in "Architecture" and "Drivers Cache" if exist.

Edited by TheTruth