Multiboot WinXP 64-Bits & 2003 Server SP1

I changed the I386 to A386 respecting the form of the letter (capital or minor).

It's just a guess, but I bet Alanoll (don't beat me) forgott to change the name of the folder ^^.

I'm trying it at the moment at the whole DVD... Would be a blame if it didn't work again, wouldn't it :D

@Alanoll I hope so :blushing:

Edited by braunchen210

Nah :P I think i found a dissembler, but i don't know if it's the proper one. It actually dissassembles the files (which is a start) but that's about it. Every character is written in integer form, and doesn't appear to relate to the HEX address of the compiled file (though it should).

I'll keep looking

Boomerang won't work as it only supports 32bit PE based files (amonst others that aren't relevant). These files are easily found, they're the ones you can open in a resource editor and have been the main programming standard since Windows 95.

NASM is good. I'll look into it. The problem comes down to what type of file it is. I'm not sure if it's a 16bit or 8bit file, which makes a LARGE difference in disassembly. The file is most commonly called a sort of "flat file" i believe.

bastard looks promising, but I don't have a Unix based environment to run it in.

And as I was writing this, i had a case of Deja vu, though I don't know why. It feels like I've done this before...

so? what we have ?

setupldr.bin from windows server 2003-sp1(32bit) and windows xp(64bit-not itanium) - are some... i bellive all other "new" setupldr.bin is same as these...

it's for compatibility with classic i386 and amd64 in one file....

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, this is interesting. I was planning on implementing x64 onto my preinstall today, but I see my work is cut out for me. I'll play around with it at work later and see what I can figure out.