Best Next Generation Console?

raza

Which one do you think will be the best?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you think will be the best?

• Sony PS3
    • Microsoft XBox 360
    • Nintendo Revolution
    • Don't Know

I can say that because I was there, I spoke to the MS representative myself, I ASKED about the Dev Kits. In other words, I got it straight from the horse's mouth whereas you seem to want to pull it out of your a**.

As for who am I to determine what is blatant, obvious BS, dishonesty and simple idiocy, I'm just me, and I have EVERY right to make such observations particularly given that I've PERSONALLY witnessed the games in action on the Dev kits and PERSONALLY witnessed Sony's no-show Vaporware presentation.

How depressing that MSFN has become the place where people like you come to blow your nonsense brand-a**-kissing over every thread around you while simultaneously refusing to acknowledge facts, calculations, experience, history, etc. What a joke.

Jason

Yes, you have every right to determine what you think is that long list of what one could simplify down to stupidity, but that does not give you the right to point rude and ugly fingers at the rest of us.

Read the rest in the other thread...

It's a public forum, get over it. I have every right to state my judgment of the scenario as I see it, just as you do. It's whiny people like you who are a danger to concepts such as freedom of speech. Of course I am sure that in your mind it's entirely different when YOU post your opinion, right? Of course it is.

Instead of trying to derail the topic and statt a bunch of name calling crap, why don't you actually ADDRESS the topic and the issues it's raised? If you don't have anything productive to add, why do you bother posting at all?

Jason

It's a public forum, get over it. I have every right to state my judgment of the scenario as I see it, just as you do. It's whiny people like you who are a danger to concepts such as freedom of speech. Of course I am sure that in your mind it's entirely different when YOU post your opinion, right? Of course it is.

Instead of trying to derail the topic and statt a bunch of name calling crap, why don't you actually ADDRESS the topic and the issues it's raised? If you don't have anything productive to add, why do you bother posting at all?

Jason

7.b This community is built upon mutual respect. You are not allowed to flame other members. People who do not respect personal opinions and/or personal work will be warned in first instance. If you ignore the warning and keep on flaming, you will be banned without notice.
That's why I'm not "getting over it". I post my opinion the way I see it, but I do it in a way that doesn't make the other person feel like a loser.
How depressing that MSFN has become the place where people like you come to blow your nonsense brand-a**-kissing over every thread around you while simultaneously refusing to acknowledge facts, calculations, experience, history, etc. What a joke.

If you think that, then leave. I'm gonna stand up for my right to participate here without feeling oppressed. I always have and always will.

I *do* suspect that XBox 360 will surpass PS3 sales, at least in the first 1-2 years. I don't think that the battle will be "swiftly and decisively won" by *anyone*, in spite of the drooling fanbois on this and other forums.

How can you claim something like this?

I didn't *claim* anything, I said I *suspect* that it will surpass PS3 sales, at least in teh first 1 to 2 years. What, do you think PS3 will step onto the scene 6 months after 360 and take the lead in its first few days? I'm not making any predictions as to the *finality* of the race (if a console "war" can be said to have finality, LOL) I'm simply observing that the 360 will have a significant lead time over the PS3, and like it or not Microsoft *is* very good at marketing products.

In every generation there are *always* the drooling, mindless drones who proclaim a winner to a race that hasn't even happened yet.

Um... see point above. Isn't that what you just did?

No, see above. I offered *speculation*, nothing more, concerning sales numbers during the first 1 to 2 years. In no way, shape or form did I proclaim anyone a winner or a loser of the upcoming round of console "wars".

They are stupid from end to end, and their pretentions at knowledge of the future in an industry as complex and unpredictable as this one are dishonesty at its purest.

...while your ahead

Jason, I am not trying to say you don't know what you are talking about, but it does seem like you are a little of a "fanboi" yourself. Let's wait until fight night to determine a winner? And isn't the winner the fans who have two fantastic systems to choose from?

No, I'm not even close to being a fanboy. All I want are *good games*, period. As a matter of simple ideology I admit I DO want Sony to get b***h slapped in the console arena this time around. By the same token, I'd love for Microsoft to get smacked around in the Operating System arena, too. It's never a good thing for one company to remain the dominant player without significant challenge to their success, and I think history can surely attest to that as fact. It will also attest to the fact that *no one* stays on top forever. 15 years ago you'd have never thought that Sega and Nintendo would be eating the dust of the games industry they pretty much created, yet here we stand :). Right now would be a very good time for Sony to lose their position, and if they fail to price their system right or maintain enough exclusive content, that is very possible.

As an example of Sony's arrogance, look at PSP. They claimed it would be the end-all, be-all of portable gaming, that they would sell through their million units of bundle packs in the first couple of days. Did it happen? No. Why? Everyone sees different reasons, but I'd offer up the fact that they misrepresented the machine (they claimed 333Mhz, then gave you a clock locked at 222Mhz until they get around to selling you a better (undoubtedly expensive) battery addon down the road) then overpriced it like mad and offered a lame bundle.

As a result the Nintendo DS *continues* to outsell PSP like crazy all over the world. The point here is, Sony is not immune from self-inflicted screwups, and if the PS3 turns out to be as expensive as many analysts predict and Sony has to match price with 360 to make sales, they could find themselves *hemmoraging* cash or, alternatively, not moving as many units as they need to keep publishers happy. In short, there's a LOT that can go right or wrong in the upcoming generation, and it's far, *far* too early to have anyone be claimed a "winner". You won't reasonably be able to make such a claim for a good 5 years (you know, when the *next* next generation starts).

Jason

Jason

7.b This community is built upon mutual respect. You are not allowed to flame other members. People who do not respect personal opinions and/or personal work will be warned in first instance. If you ignore the warning and keep on flaming, you will be banned without notice.
That's why I'm not "getting over it". I post my opinion the way I see it, but I do it in a way that doesn't make the other person feel like a loser.

If you think that, then leave. I'm gonna stand up for my right to participate here without feeling oppressed. I always have and always will.

I'm going to put this simply so you understand it: Your feelings are YOUR responsibility. If YOU feel like a loser, that's YOUR fault and YOUR problem. If you run into a situation where a MOD or someone with the capability to edit out your posts, ban you, etc., is doing so in order to keep your opinion silenced, then feel free to feel "oppressed". Since I, as simply a member, have no such authority or opportunity (and wouldn't take such opportunity even if presented with it) to do anything of the sort, your feelings about being "oppressed" are just so much drivel. I don't care if you like it or not: I have every right to state what I see and think, and it makes NO DIFFERENCE if you feel offended or get your poor little feelings hurt.

Grow up, be an ADULT and take responsibility for your own **** feelings. Your sense of inadequacy is YOUR fault, not mine.

Jason

Hey I created this poll and I just wanted to see which one would be the best I didnot mean that any particular one out of these is the winner.

I understood what you meant, and appreciate the poll. I'm sure you understand, as most reasonable folks do, that calling "winners" and "losers" now, 6 months to a year before these machines even *start* selling, is absurdity at its finest.

Regards,

Jason

Nintendo on the other hand have even said that pushing technology is no longer enough for gaming. That is why they are focusing more on creating new ways of playing rather than simply throwing in better and faster technology which probably won't be used to it's full potential anyway.

The Nintendo Revolution will be just that, a revolution. You PS3 and XBox 360 owners might be happy with your uber-leet graphics and visuals. But you won't be smiling when you get the same old un-original games that you were probably getting bored of playing on your PS2 and XBox.

Not exactly. An example of this is Starcraft and Warcraft. Both games are pretty much the most played RTS games of all times. Every other RTS game out there pretty much copy how those two games are played. If you were to introduce a new way to play a specific genre, it won't be readily accepted by the gaming community, if at all. That's mostly why many developers don't stray too far from the standards, it's just too risky to their business.

its really funny to see this dejavu sort of argument between the 2.

but good thing i've learned lots about both xbox & ps

ps3 is sony's xbox is Ms's problem,

wait till when they're released.

better hardware doesn't always mean everyone will buy it, its the games and fans.

consider zelda | grand turismo | halo etc.. most ppl even bought a console just for these games. so i think what matters is how the games will compare.

and multiplayer is very important as all of u would agree. now i don't have much knowledge on this but xbox live i believe is better bc u pay for the live and play all the games right? so a plus for MS.

eitherways i think this multiplay of the consoles should be different. or maybe it exist but i dunno, it should be like pc, so anyone should be able to open a dedicated server. (does that exist on ps & xbox, if so its lovely...)

and also graphics don't mean much if the game's boring, for example i waited for hl2 and i didn't like it, yea good grapics but i found it boring..

anyways.. later..

and multiplayer is very important as all of u would agree. now i don't have much knowledge on this but xbox live i believe is better bc u pay for the live and play all the games right? so a plus for MS.

Do you mean that XBox Live is better because you have to pay? That doesn't seem to make much sense... :blink:

PS2 has network capability (you have to get an add on for the old-style versions) and playing games online is free. All you need is an internet connection. If I remember correctly, XBox Live requires high-speed of some sort as well, while PS2 can connect to dial-up. Correct me if I'm wrong... I'm working off memory here.

@Aegis

Totally agree with you. Starcraft is still among the top 3 RTS games in my books despite the fact that it was released what seems like eons ago. Also, Nintendo is still selling games based on the age-old Mario and Donkey Kong lines. I haven't played anything on GameCube, so I can't comment on that, but Mario64 was just a 64-bit, 3D extension of the same old story that we've always come to love (with some funky addons mind you ;) ).

I'm going to put this simply so you understand it: Your feelings are YOUR responsibility. If YOU feel like a loser, that's YOUR fault and YOUR problem. If you run into a situation where a MOD or someone with the capability to edit out your posts, ban you, etc., is doing so in order to keep your opinion silenced, then feel free to feel "oppressed". Since I, as simply a member, have no such authority or opportunity (and wouldn't take such opportunity even if presented with it) to do anything of the sort, your feelings about being "oppressed" are just so much drivel. I don't care if you like it or not: I have every right to state what I see and think, and it makes NO DIFFERENCE if you feel offended or get your poor little feelings hurt.

Grow up, be an ADULT and take responsibility for your own **** feelings. Your sense of inadequacy is YOUR fault, not mine.

Jason

Jason, this is a little harsh. We do encourage sensible debate as long as people are respectful of other's opinions. While your opinion may not be what everyone else's is, it is simply that.. Your OPINION. We are all entitled to an opinion. My opinion is that PS3 is going to get my vote. That's my opinion at this time. It may change, it may stay the same. I might get both... Only time will tell. Please do try to calm down the down talking and disrespect... this really goes for everyone too. Let's have an adult conversation about this. Have an opinion, give a reason to back it up. Have a fact, post it's source.

Thank you.

Don

I can say that because I was there, I spoke to the MS representative myself, I ASKED about the Dev Kits. In other words, I got it straight from the horse's mouth whereas you seem to want to pull it out of your a**.
i'm going to believe you this time, you were there and a guy from m$ told you that...

anyway i can't consider a dual G5 with a computer graphic card to evaluate 'in game' shots, this is what i told you before.

do i used any type of insults or mature language? then i don't need to read it from you. this is the 3rd and LAST time i'm going to advise it, if you want to talk to me do it with the propper words.

As for who am I to determine what is blatant, obvious BS, dishonesty and simple idiocy, I'm just me, and I have EVERY right to make such observations particularly given that I've PERSONALLY witnessed the games in action on the Dev kits and PERSONALLY witnessed Sony's no-show Vaporware presentation.
ok, now we're somewhere... that's true, those are your PERSONAL observations, BUT when you loose respect to other member (and it has happened before) at least you must excuse.

Jason

MSFN has become...? first to say is that i've been on this forum more time than you and i haven't found any.

now i'm a nonsense brand-a**-kissing guy?? i need to calm down... @all, so does this give me rights to call him at least the same??

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

Do you mean that XBox Live is better because you have to pay? That doesn't seem to make much sense... :blink:

hell no, afaik u had to pay for every game u want to play online on ps or something like that.. anyways.... let the big argueing continue right?

Nintendo on the other hand have even said that pushing technology is no longer enough for gaming. That is why they are focusing more on creating new ways of playing rather than simply throwing in better and faster technology which probably won't be used to it's full potential anyway.

The Nintendo Revolution will be just that, a revolution. You PS3 and XBox 360 owners might be happy with your uber-leet graphics and visuals. But you won't be smiling when you get the same old un-original games that you were probably getting bored of playing on your PS2 and XBox.

Not exactly. An example of this is Starcraft and Warcraft. Both games are pretty much the most played RTS games of all times. Every other RTS game out there pretty much copy how those two games are played. If you were to introduce a new way to play a specific genre, it won't be readily accepted by the gaming community, if at all. That's mostly why many developers don't stray too far from the standards, it's just too risky to their business.

You're absolutely right there, but that is the reason why I gave up on PS2 and XBox, I can admit I am a Nintendo Fanboy, but I will also add that I'm one of those guys who can keep a pretty open mind on everything. I'm 18 years old and have been gaming since I was 4 or 5, very young anyway. So I've grown up with pretty much every mainstream console there has been and have seen how alot of the developers work.

The first of the 128-bit consoles I had was a PS2, now I loved this don't get me wrong, games such as FF-X, Kingdom Hearts, Devil May Cry and of course the GTA's kept me pretty hooked to it. It suddenly dawned upon me though that I was getting bored of it. EA were churning out the same rubbish everyday in sequel form, Gran Turismo had just gotten boring (GT2 will always rule all heh), and I was now able to get the GTA's on the PC which play a whole lot better.

I sold my PS2 and got a Gamecube with that, and I've always been happy with Nintendo's reputation as a fun first party developer and they didn't let me down here either. Sure they may use the same FRANCHISES over and over again, but they constantly persist to make the game around those franchises different and original and most importantly, fun! Mario Kart Double Dash is one of the best multiplayer experiences you'll ever play. Pikmin will first have you thinking 'WTF!' then you'll grow very quickly to love it. Animal Crossing might just destroy your social life. Wario Ware is also a fantastic MP experience, and of course theres Zelda which needs no explanation.

Keeping to a safe formula is ok, but can you not say you get bored every now and then when the seemingly same games always get released? Nintendo I feel are still able to come up with new formulas and make them work, they've admitted they're not going for technology but for innovation with the Revolution, and that is why they have my vote.

For all you PS2 and XBox owners, pick up a gamecube please and pick up one of Nintendo's own titles with it. Considering how cheap they are now they'll be MORE than worth it.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE forget this stupid idea that alot of PS2 and XBox owners have that Gamecube is for kids, they couldn't be more wrong. Gamecube is for gamers. And what is gaming all about in the first place? Fun. :thumbup

Oh, and don't forget, back-compatible with EVERY nintendo, wireless Wi-Fi play that if it follows the same line as the DS, WILL BE FREE! HAH!

• 3 weeks later...

Specs are meaningless, especially with archetectures that are so different, show me the games. I`ll probably buy all three but definatley the new Nintendo because I liked the DS and I like the direction Nintendo are taking things in.