Best Next Generation Console?

raza

Which one do you think will be the best?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you think will be the best?

• Sony PS3
    • Microsoft XBox 360
    • Nintendo Revolution
    • Don't Know

I don't care for faster architecture, unless its in my PC but thats not for gaming!

If I had a vote which I don't see why anyone is even bothering! I'd have to vote Nintendo Rev. Hum backwards compatable (NES, SNES, N64 Downloadable games :o GIVE GIVE, Mario World here I come!)

I still have a NES, just which I had Mario World to play on it, I have MW2 & 3. YAY For duck hunt! Ahh good OLD games! and Sonic, got a Mega Drive too

@JasonGW, no i wasn't confused and to reply your "XBox 360 games were *playable* on Dev Kits running an early version of the hardware that was running at about 30 percent of what the final hardware will be" let me quote a friend...

now a couple of things i've observed on you. you have the need to reply any text which doesn't agree with you. 6/9 of the latest posts are yours, so first refrain from clicking "add reply" and use the "edit" button.

next, from now on, correct your terms (you've alredy told this) as everyone can express his own opinion without being called fool, fan-boy, stupid or a$$hole (yes, we're enough clever to understand what $$ hides).

now, CALM DOWN!, if you need to write something aggresive or rude, use your diary. LET the people EXPRESS their ideas!

@JasonGW, no i wasn't confused and to reply your "XBox 360 games were *playable* on Dev Kits running an early version of the hardware that was running at about 30 percent of what the final hardware will be" let me quote a friend...

now a couple of things i've observed on you. you have the need to reply any text which doesn't agree with you. 6/9 of the latest posts are yours, so first refrain from clicking "add reply" and use the "edit" button.

next, from now on, correct your terms (you've alredy told this) as everyone can express his own opinion without being called fool, fan-boy, stupid or a$$hole (yes, we're enough clever to understand what $$ hides).

now, CALM DOWN!, if you need to write something aggresive or rude, use your diary. LET the people EXPRESS their ideas!

Spare me your diatribe, I have not done--indeed cannot do--anything to prevent anyone else from expressing their opinions. What I will not do, however, is let blatant, obvious BS, dishonesty and simple idiocy stand without a challenge. Those who refuse to honestly call it the way they see it are hypocrites.

As for your links, yes, I was *there*, I saw exactly what your friend did. The systems , yes, use a Powermac G5 style chassis. Do you suspect for a moment those boxes are running OSX? No. They were G5 CPU's in dual processor configurations with Radeon X850XT graphics cards. These are the *ALPHA DEV KITS* given to developers to begin work on their games. Given that the CPU in the XBox 360 is a PowerPC based processor, it's not at all surprising that they would use these as a starting point for giving developers a head start. In the end the architecture of the CPU will be similar, so a simple recompiling of the code for the final CPU and GPU's should suffice (though I wouldn't rule out optimizations specific to the final hardware).

What I said still stands as fact: At E3 we saw and played XBox 360 games in the development process, running on Alpha Dev Kits. Sony showed exactly squat, because the PS3 is *Vaporware* at this point.

Jason

and who do you think you are to determine what is "blatant, obvious BS, dishonesty and simple idiocy"??

let me remember again and again that this kind of language is not permited on MSFN.

back to topic, be concrete and don't digress for lines and lines. how can you say that "G5 CPU's in dual processor configurations with Radeon X850XT graphics cards" are the *ALPHA DEV KITS* running at 30% of xbox 360 power??? lol (note that i used those asteriscs you really like)

I *do* suspect that XBox 360 will surpass PS3 sales, at least in the first 1-2 years. I don't think that the battle will be "swiftly and decisively won" by *anyone*, in spite of the drooling fanbois on this and other forums.
How can you claim something like this?
In every generation there are *always* the drooling, mindless drones who proclaim a winner to a race that hasn't even happened yet.

Um... see point above. Isn't that what you just did?

They are stupid from end to end, and their pretentions at knowledge of the future in an industry as complex and unpredictable as this one are dishonesty at its purest.

...while your ahead

Jason, I am not trying to say you don't know what you are talking about, but it does seem like you are a little of a "fanboi" yourself. Let's wait until fight night to determine a winner? And isn't the winner the fans who have two fantastic systems to choose from?

Jason, I am not trying to say you don't know what you are talking about, but it does seem like you are a little of a "fanboi" yourself.  Let's wait until fight night to determine a winner?  And isn't the winner the fans who have two fantastic systems to choose from?

Well said...

I'm probably going to stick with the PS3 as my first next-gen console since I've always been partial to the types of games that are released for it, but that doesn't mean that the PS3 is going to "cream" the XBox360 or the other way around.

I've said this in a couple of other threads... everyone just chill... there's no competition here of who can make the better argument for their favorite system.

I have always loved the game selection on the PS3. I am a huge RPG fan and let's face it, until Fable, XBox had nothing to stand on IMO. I would love to see some good competition. Honestly it's not always graphics that make me oooh and ahhh.. It's the game play. I still believe that Final Fantasy VII was the greatest playing RPG. The Materia system and the story was amazing. There have been so many other great games like Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy 9, Star Ocean.. I don't care about sports games, and I feel that XBox really has the market on that because of Live... still not enough of a reason for me to buy it. Sure, I am going to base my opinion on which to buy first on which one has been the best for me up until now. Maybe I might end up owning both... but I am going to hold out and buy the PS3 first.

I still believe that Final Fantasy VII was the greatest playing RPG.  The Materia system and the story was amazing.

Absoluetly without question!!!!

FFX was also really good, once you got used to the turn-based battles and Sphere Grid system...

[/offtopic]

But yeah, competition is good. Comptetion = lower prices = happy us!

and who do you think you are to determine what is "blatant, obvious BS, dishonesty and simple idiocy"??

let me remember again and again that this kind of language is not permited on MSFN.

back to topic, be concrete and don't digress for lines and lines. how can you say that "G5 CPU's in dual processor configurations with Radeon X850XT graphics cards" are the *ALPHA DEV KITS* running at 30% of xbox 360 power??? lol (note that i used those asteriscs you really like)

I can say that because I was there, I spoke to the MS representative myself, I ASKED about the Dev Kits. In other words, I got it straight from the horse's mouth whereas you seem to want to pull it out of your a**.

As for who am I to determine what is blatant, obvious BS, dishonesty and simple idiocy, I'm just me, and I have EVERY right to make such observations particularly given that I've PERSONALLY witnessed the games in action on the Dev kits and PERSONALLY witnessed Sony's no-show Vaporware presentation.

How depressing that MSFN has become the place where people like you come to blow your nonsense brand-a**-kissing over every thread around you while simultaneously refusing to acknowledge facts, calculations, experience, history, etc. What a joke.

Jason

2Unforgiven: I got xbox for RPG games specially :) Not only Fable, but also KOTOR 1 & 2 or Jade Empire...

Absolutely true! KOTOR I and II are both *awesome* games (though you can get them both for PC as well, I actually prefer the controller for these games as opposed to KB and mouse, which is pretty weird). I'm working on Jade Empire now, and I have to say that it's just *awesome* so far, with an incredibly deep combat/control system and a really engrossing story. Like the MGS series on PS2, Jade Empire alone makes the system worth owning.

Jason

I can say that because I was there, I spoke to the MS representative myself, I ASKED about the Dev Kits. In other words, I got it straight from the horse's mouth whereas you seem to want to pull it out of your a**.

As for who am I to determine what is blatant, obvious BS, dishonesty and simple idiocy, I'm just me, and I have EVERY right to make such observations particularly given that I've PERSONALLY witnessed the games in action on the Dev kits and PERSONALLY witnessed Sony's no-show Vaporware presentation.

How depressing that MSFN has become the place where people like you come to blow your nonsense brand-a**-kissing over every thread around you while simultaneously refusing to acknowledge facts, calculations, experience, history, etc. What a joke.

Jason

Yes, you have every right to determine what you think is that long list of what one could simplify down to stupidity, but that does not give you the right to point rude and ugly fingers at the rest of us.

Read the rest in the other thread...