Tips for Silently installing Meedio HTPC frontend?

I have made a CD for installing a HTPC spedific setup of WinXP. I would like to include Meedio in this package, togheter with my settings and plugins.

Do any of you know how to do this?

TIA.

Bernhard

You install it just as you would any MSI...

setup.msi INSTALLDIR="C:\Multimedia\Meedio Essentials" /qn

As far as your config.. youll need to setup you config of how you want everything 1st, then backup the following, which I found out from here (great forum there btw too):

configuration.xml

library <folder>

plugins <folder>

themes <folder>

Well, 1st Id try using the switches on the exe.. if that doesnt work, launch the exe, then look in the subdirectories %TEMP% and you should find the extracted meedio installer files... just grab the msi and youre good to go.

Oh.. and by the way, Ive yet to find out how to silently apply the serial key. If someone is going to be installing a fresh copy, can they try using a Registry monitoring tool to see if thats where its kept?

launch the exe, then look in the subdirectories %TEMP% and you should find the extracted meedio installer files... just grab the msi and youre good to go.

worked, thanks!

• 5 months later...
Oh.. and by the way, Ive yet to find out how to silently apply the serial key. If someone is going to be installing a fresh copy, can they try using a Registry monitoring tool to see if thats where its kept?

I'm using Meedio 1.37.

I cannot find anywhere that the program saves the registration info.

I've tried using regsnap, I've tried searching the registry for my serial - all come up with nothing.

how can i silently register this program?