svcpack.inf and registry

i was thinking how to use via scvpack.inf regedit.exe to aplly some registry entries (w2k pro sp4)? anyway, is it possible to use regular *.reg files and regedit /s mehtod directly or within cmd-file? i searched the forum for a while, but seems that none had asked something like this :/ and i ask this stupid (?) question, cause i install some software (tweakui, winrar, irfanview, etc) via svcback.inf and therefore is quite comfort adding some necessary registry settings (personalized settings, file associations, in registry stored program settings, etc) there too. and i'm too lazy to edit bunch of files (to convert reg > inf or to deal with runonce command and copy files to harddrive only for installing purpose). so if someone can direct my thougts into right path, it would be nice (to me) :)

thank you, Yzöwl, for answer :) but, can i run reg's plainly from svcpack.inf (regedit.exe -s winrar.reg)? or should i put the paths before executable (something like: %SystemRoot%\regedit.exe -s winrar.reg)? putting path before regedit.exe is obviously the same as put the regedit.exe into svcpack folder :) or should i put the path before *.reg file? cause, i don't know what is the cd-rom's drive letter, therefore i must first find it (for example something like: for %i in (c: d: e: f:) do if exist %i\CDROM_IP.5 set cdrom=%i) and all the script must run within batch file.

so, if someone had some useful experience, it would be nice to read. why i ask such a simple "make and try it itself" question???? ehheee, right now i have only one computer and its pain in a** to make another xp system from image (under w2k the nlite seems not working :( but my main system is the old w2k), hadncraft a new tweaked and nlited installation cd, install it, see what happens, put back and old w2k system from image and work with everyday stuff and so on.

thank you, Yzöwl, for answer :) but, can i run reg's plainly from svcpack.inf (regedit.exe -s winrar.reg)? or should i put the paths before executable (something like: %SystemRoot%\regedit.exe -s winrar.reg)? putting path before regedit.exe is obviously the same as put the regedit.exe into svcpack folder :) or should i put the path before *.reg file? cause, i don't know what is the cd-rom's drive letter, therefore i must first find it (for example something like: for %i in (c: d: e: f:) do if exist %i\CDROM_IP.5 set cdrom=%i) and all the script must run within batch file.

so, if someone had some useful experience, it would be nice to read. why i ask such a simple "make and try it itself" question???? ehheee, right now i have only one computer and its pain in a** to make another xp system from image (under w2k the nlite seems not working :( but my main system is the old w2k), hadncraft a new tweaked and nlited installation cd, install it, see what happens, put back and old w2k system from image and work with everyday stuff and so on.

Use virtual machines like

VMware