Registry problems for TEAC CD

MrRam333

I am having a problem with Roxio and my CD drive. After numerous attempts I have both my CD & DVD drives showing but neither will work (didn't have them for 3 days). When a CD is put in now, it shows 0 bytes and can't read it. I have deleted the high and low filters, but still get nothing & updated drivers for both. Just need to figure out how to fix the registry (if that's really it) to get disks read...Then I can move ahead. I only have a 3.5 that works so can't do much. Any ideas??

Since this seems to be a hard one to answer, does anyone know another way to get the CD drive to work?? Is there a registry fix I can enter to do this? Or where I can download a fix to use on my 3.5 drive? Microsoft help is useless, they are giving me answers out of a book since they match replies on here to the letter.

Make sure that cd recording is turned on, right click on the drive, Properties, Recording and then make sure that the tick box is ticked for enable this drive for recording. failing that check event viewer for any messages and post them here.

Thanks, but I found the cure. 3 Trojans and reinstalling 4 drivers, 2 software programs and about 6 updates and it is fixed. Couldn't find one program to cure it at one time so I had to use about 5 different checkers but it's done! :D